At Guideline, we’re helping Americans save for a better future. Guideline is the only 401(k) provider with a fee-free, full-stack 401(k) offering that automates plan administration and compliance with a platform that directly integrates with many of the most popular payroll providers.
By building transparent and first-of-its-kind software, the Guideline team is combatting what has become the retirement industry status quo -- legacy providers have put profit over the interests of employees, abandoning the goal of the programs in the first place: to give employees the opportunity to save as much as possible for retirement.
With over 3,000 clients and hundreds of millions of dollars in assets under management, in just a couple years of operations, we’re well on our way to making smart retirement planning easy for everyone.
Operating as a lead product designer at Guideline is a compelling experience. We're reimagining systems that haven't been criticized in decades. Today's best examples are institutional and stale. Users can't develop proper mental models because the UX speaks to someone with a background in finance. What if you had the opportunity to change the way people approach their personal finance? What if you had the opportunity to rethink your own? What if company-sponsored financial benefits were actually benefits?
- 3+ years professional experience.
- A portfolio that showcases your proficiency.
- A proven track record in your personal approach to user-centered design.
- Excellent eye and visual taste. We don’t know everything, so as a designer, you will be rightfully treated as an expert for anything regarding visual composition and/or interactive products.
- A highly motivated personality. We’re looking for someone who wants to learn quickly, not be afraid of failing, and ultimately produce high-quality work.
- Confidence. You will be expected to take ownership and bring ideas to the table. Everything is easier if you believe in yourself.
- You know your way around Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite like the back of your hand
- Ability to pass background and credit check for employment
Nice to Haves:
- Ability to write excellent copy.
- Expertise with Framer.
- A background in finance.
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.