At Guideline, we’re helping Americans save for a better future. Guideline is the only 401(k) provider with a fee-free, full-stack 401(k) offering that automates plan administration and compliance with a platform that directly integrates with many of the most popular payroll providers.
By building transparent and first-of-its-kind software, the Guideline team is combatting what’s unfortunately become the retirement industry status quo -- legacy providers have put profit over the interests of employees, abandoning the goal of the programs in the first place: to give employees the opportunity to save as much as possible for retirement.
With over 2,000 clients and hundreds of millions of dollars in assets under management, in just a couple years of operations, we’re well on our way to making smart retirement planning easy for everyone.
Guideline is looking for a Performance Marketing Manager to build out Guideline’s user acquisition channel of small and medium sized business clients. You will focus on:
1.) remarketing, 2.) attribution, 3.) data science and analytics, 4.) online advertising, 5.) optimization, 6.) behavioral finance and market trends of our users. The Performance Marketing Manager will be responsible for soup-to-nuts execution on direct marketing efforts from strategic planning to execution to performance monitoring.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative self-starter who is hands-on and driven to constantly increase output. You will work cross-functionally with the growth team and a member of the data science team, as well as product and design. Documentation and organization is important to you, while still having fun and being creative. You are adaptable with the ability to pick up new technologies, assess situations quickly, and find yourself naturally looking for smarter and better ways to achieve goals on a regular basis. Most importantly, you truly believe the retirement system is ripe for disruption and want to share the Guideline story on how we will do it!
- Build and scale marketing campaigns for a diverse range of initiatives (e.g., revenue generation, plan set-up, brand campaigns) on varying mediums (e.g., SEM, paid social, display, branded content, etc.)
- Document processes and workflows while building out the direct marketing channel to add leads to the top of the funnel
- Tactically partner with Guideline’s public relations firm to ensure alignment in communication activities
- Ideating and iterating on new ideas to hit goals through optimization to acquire leads
- A/B test landing pages, messaging and user experience of varying buyer personas
- Conceptualize optimization strategies to exceed ROI targets to consistently drive qualified lead traffic to Guideline
- Ensure digital campaigns consistently hit user acquisition and engagement goals
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in performance marketing
- Own performance and projects from execution to monitoring
- 5+ years of experience in marketing with a focus on performance media
- Deep understanding of the advertising ecosystem - especially data and revenue flow throughout the finance and benefits space
- Direct experience with analytics & marketing tech suites
- Assist in strengthening positioning and packaging of Guideline’s retirement platform
- Knowledge that spans one or more of the following domains - Benefits, Finance and Investments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, to create effective stories and messaging about Guideline’s retirement platform for a variety of audiences
- Enthusiasm for being a strong team player and just getting the job done!