The Account Receivable Specialist is an entry-level position that assists the Accounting Team with daily collections, client relations, and basic bookkeeping. This team member also creates financial transactions and generates financial reports from that information. The Account Receivable Specialist owns the collections process working with clients to achieve consistent cash flow for the agency. Finally, the Account Receivable Specialist will work in partnership with the Partnerships Team to generate invoicing and collect payments for all campaigns.
Additionally, GTMA was created by a group of highly talented and creative artists and entrepreneurs, which is reflected in our daily office environment and activities. This role translates that creativity and energy into consistent cash flow in a way that keeps our customers happy. Be prepared to work hard and have fun!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Uphold the company's core values and be an example of GTMA Culture
- Manage the collections process and ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Investigate returned emails to correct contact information and make updates to customer contact information
- Respond to internal and external requests for documents and information
- Upload invoices and documentation to billing and compliance portals
- Update invoices with customer purchase order numbers
- Post payments
- Communicate with customers regarding invoices, overpayments, refunds, and credits
- Retrieve and collate ad spend reports from the Lead Gen Team for all ad platforms
- Contact customers pre-launch to confirm payments and attend campaign kickoff calls
- Process budget changes and provide customers with payment options
- Work with the Partnerships Department to create invoices
- Issue A/R statements
- Provide information to the company accountant as needed
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Communicate with internal marketing teams about client payment status
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced understanding of Quickbooks Online
- Advanced understanding of Excel
- Personal time management
- Google Apps Suite
- Fluent in English
- Strong business-appropriate communication (written and verbal)
- 2+ years of accounting-related experience required with focus in business-to-business
ADDITIONAL “BONUS” SKILLS
- 1+ years experience of working in a CRM or Project management platform is desirable
- 1+ years of experience with customer payment or compliance portals is preferred
- Accounts Receivable experience preferred
- Associates degree or higher (or equivalent experience) strongly preferred
Constant need (33% to 100% of the time) to complete forms; read and review reports, correspondence, and other documents; view computer screen; and frequent need to see small detail for purposes of assisting with the day to day functions of supporting the technical needs of the company.
Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to differentiate between colors for the purpose of document dissemination, and reading/reviewing correspondence and reports.
Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to communicate via telephone and in person with vendors, associates, customers, clients, service personnel and others for the purposes of receiving information or direction.
Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to communicate via telephone and in person with vendors, associates, customers, clients, service personnel and others for the purposes of providing information, direction or response.
High. Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect and disseminate pertinent data/documents, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and initiate an appropriate course of action. Must effectively convey ideas, images, and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
Work is completed indoors, in all weather conditions including but not limited to sunny, rainy, cloudy, smoggy, windy, stormy, muggy, humid, dry and other. Indoor work occurs 100% of the time. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This is an in-office position at our Vancouver, WA location and office attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Requires ability to walk, stand, sit and climb stairs alternatively for the purposes of completing office work. Approximately 20% of time spent walking and climbing and 80% sitting
$17 - $19/hr DOE
- Flexible schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Discount on gym membership
- Bonus Plan
- Quarterly happy hours or team outings