The SEO + Copywriting Specialist will cultivate in-depth knowledge of keyword research, SEO copywriting, and the behaviors of search engines as it applies to a variety of clients and industry verticals. The SEO Specialist implements organic search engine optimization campaigns and works closely with the digital marketing team to bridge the gap between organic search and social, content marketing, PR, and paid media. This role blends technical skills with strong communication abilities, as the SEO Specialist often interacts with Account Managers, Social Media Specialists, Lead Generation Specialists, and others. This position also requires strong writing skills for developing website copy, blog content, video scripts, and more. This is an entry-level position with the potential to grow into more both within the Digital Marketing Department and within other marketing disciplines at the agency. Understanding the fundamentals of SEO and Copywriting is a ticket to future success within marketing departments everywhere and the leadership team running this department has over 16-years of experience to pass on to the right candidate looking to learn and grow. A successful candidate must possess the ability to learn-by-doing and follow detailed directions repetitively without becoming distracted and losing focus.
GTMA is a two-time Inc. 5000 company, a full-stack digital agency, and a creative community focused on culture building and giving back. GTMA started in real estate marketing and the team currently supports a portfolio of hundreds of multi-family, student housing, senior housing, and residential real estate clients across the United States. The agency is also focused on other verticals with a growing portfolio of clients in spirits, wine, and restaurants. The goal of the agency is to continue to hone our superior content creation skills and use those capabilities to tell stories for clients that we believe in.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct keyword research, website audits, competitive analysis, content optimization, meta-tag creation, citation & link development, and other SEO related activities
- Develop compelling, creative content to include keywords or phrases in order to conform to SEO best practices and increase traffic to website pages
- Execute cutting edge Local SEO campaigns for a range of client accounts
- Perform regular project management of SEO accounts on Google and other search platforms
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across major search channels
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports, and keyword reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance client goals
- Work closely with the design team, digital marketing, and programmers from brief through to execution
- Communicate to clients, team, and management on project development, timelines, and results
- Remain aware of and highly organized with the scheduling of all projects to ensure smooth and consistent delivery
- Keep up to date with organic search best practices, keyword research tools, and industry research
- Document and report on your SEO process and methodology
- Regularly compile updated SEO guidelines and best practices to help steer GTMA strategy and tactics
- Uphold GTMA's core values
- Take part in team meetings and activities
- Actively contribute to the success and positive atmosphere of the team
- Take advantage of all learning opportunities to make yourself more valuable
- This position may be combined with other positions based on workload and company needs
- 1-2+ years of digital marketing experience and a foundational understanding of Local SEO strategies
- Foundational knowledge of how to improve a website's organic search presence through keyword research, on-site optimization, content development, citation building, and link acquisition
- Familiarity with citation management tools and SaaS, such as Yext and Moz Local
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics
- Strong experience with GDrive
- Google AdWords & Analytics certification a plus
- Experience with editing website content on the WordPress CMS
- Familiarity with other CMS web platforms such as Squarespace, RentCafe, Entrata, etc. a plus
- Strong writing experience for website copy, blog posts, and meta-data tags
- Knowledge of key conversion rate optimization best practices
- Attention to detail and organization and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Attention to detail & problem-solving skills
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Fluent in English
- Ability to take a positive and diplomatic approach in situations that may be negative
- Proficient with Apple computers
- Qualified applicants must pass a background check
Constant need (33% to 100% of the time) to complete forms; read and review reports, correspondence, and other documents; view computer screen; and frequent need to see small detail for purposes of assisting with the day to day functions of supporting the administrative needs of the company.
Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to communicate via telephone and in-person with vendors, associates, customers, clients, service personnel and others for the purposes of receiving information or direction.
Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to communicate via telephone and in-person with vendors, associates, customers, clients, service personnel and others for the purposes of providing information, direction or response.
Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect and disseminate pertinent data/documents, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and initiate an appropriate course of action. Must effectively convey ideas, images, and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
This is an in-office position so office attendance is required. The daily work is completed indoors, in all weather conditions including but not limited to sunny, rainy, cloudy, smoggy, windy, stormy, muggy, humid, dry and other. Indoor work occurs 100% of the time. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Requires the ability to walk, stand, sit and climb stairs alternatively for the purposes of completing office work. Approximately 20% of the time spent walking and climbing and 80% sitting.
GTMA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.