Growers is a precision agriculture and data analytics company, headquartered near Raleigh, NC. We help farmers across the country turn their farm data into recommendations that deliver higher yields, at lower cost, with less resources.
We are seeking a Data Analyst to work in a fast-paced, team environment with the primary focus on delivering timely and accurate reports and recommendations to farm customers across the country. The Data Analyst will report to the Data Manager and will work collaboratively with other members of the Data Ops Team. The daily responsibilities include the accurate assimilation of client data, data cleaning and processing, record keeping, and conducting statistical analyses of the data. The Data Analyst will also participate in new model and product development.
As a Data Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Collecting, organizing, and managing various types of agronomic and financial data in several different platforms, databases, web applications, and proprietary software to ensure high data integrity
- Ensuring accurate record-keeping and data assimilation in an ESRI environment
- Creating custom agronomic and financial analysis, recommendations, and reports for our customers
- Delivering customer reports and other business objectives in a timely manner
- Representing Growers’ values of integrity, humility, team-first mentality, and professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, ag economics, statistics or a related field/professional equivalent experience
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
- At least 1 year of professional experience in GIS and data analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and make evidence-based recommendations, and design hypothesis tests
If you have these skills it’s definitely a plus:
- Master’s degree in GIS, ag economics, statistics or a related field/professional equivalent experience
- Knowledge of agronomy and precision agriculture practices and technologies
- Python and R programming knowledge
- Experience with statistical software, such as SAS and R, and modeling, such as multivariate regression and ANOVA
- Database management and design experience
- ESRI Model builder experience
Learn more about GrowersGrowers is an equal opportunity employer.