The Growers technology platform collects and structures user-generated, environmental, business-related and machine-generated agricultural data. These data power agile creation, and simple execution of precise planting, fertilization and crop protection plans that aim to optimize resource use and mitigate the farmer’s financial risk. Headquartered in Durham, North Carolina, Growers employs a team of data scientists, engineers, developers, business people and agronomists, serving a rapidly growing customer base across the U.S. Growers is a wholly-owned subsidiary of ICL (NYSE: ICL) (TASE: ICL), a leading global specialty minerals and specialty chemicals company. The company employs over 11,000 people worldwide, and its 2019 revenues totaled approximately $5.3 billion.
As a UX/UI Designer you will be responsible for:
- Leading collaborative discussions around, and the creation of, a cohesive design strategy with the VP, Engineering, and the VP, Product.
- Creating and presenting research-backed interaction and user design recommendations to a variety of stakeholders.
- Building out all foundational and advanced components of a UI strategy from a cohesive Style Guide to high-fidelity wireframes.
- Translating data from usability studies into concrete user interface design improvements and feedback to inform sprint planning prioritization.
- Working directly with customers and internal stakeholders to learn how to integrate our products into their workflow and drive value.
- Partnering with the engineering team to ensure all designs are understood and clearly documented.
- Integrating the latest standards and trends in interaction and user design to create intuitive and easy-to-use agtech products.
What You Need to be Qualified for this Role:
- 5+ years as an Information Architect, User Experience or Interaction Designer.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer interaction (HCI), or related fields such as Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Visual Arts, or Computer Science. Master's preferred.
- You are a customer advocate.
- You are energized by collaborating with a team and debating how best to address a user experience challenge.
- You have a proven track record of rigorously applying user-centered design processes and methodologies to product development.
- Have shipped and maintained multiple software products and features with an online portfolio that showcases this work and your process.
- Ability to work cross functionally and influence stakeholders with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have experience with data visualization and a deep understanding of what it takes to build responsive web applications. From data modeling to UI transitions, design systems to pattern definition, your diverse set of skills delivers consumer quality with enterprise power.
- Knowledge of web accessibility principles and experience in building for accessibility.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, and Invision. Abstract, Photoshop, Framer, Origami, and/or Principle are a plus.