Growers is a SaaS provider and we’re expanding our team.
We are a precision agriculture and data analytics company based in Raleigh and Seattle, with some of the largest customers in the industry. Our main focus is helping farmers turn their farm data into recommendations that deliver higher yields, at lower cost, using fewer resources. The by-product is a more sustainable earth, one acre at a time.
Our technology team is an agile shop that crunches big data. Come join a culture that thrives on innovation, responsibility, and service. We currently are looking for the following roles: Developer, QA, DevOps, Project Manager, SDET.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Designing data support architectures for web and mobile applications, as well as analytics
- Building out both relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) database technologies
- Implementing the efficient collecting, cleaning, and normalizing of data from multiple disparate sources
- Improving and adding new batch-data processes with very large data sets
- Working with QA to foster a quality product that is continually improved
- Implement secure code and promote data protection
We believe you need to have the following experience to be qualified:
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Full stack software development with an emphasis on backend development
- Strong programming experience in Python or Scala preferred
- Familiarity with SQL, spatial SQL, and noSQL databases at scale
- Experience with modern big data tooling such as Hadoop and Apache Spark
- Understands the nuances of running systems in production
- Experience with advanced data analytics and complex data pipelines
- Understanding of OOP design principles
- Combine internal and external APIs to update internal and external systems
- Have a strong sense of ownership and adaptable to changing requirements
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
If you have these skills it’s a plus:
- Background in GIS or Geospatial technologies
- Working knowledge of machine learning and AI concepts
We offer full benefits, including a 401(k) program with up to 4% company matching.
Learn more about GrowersGrowers is an equal opportunity employer.