Title: Mid-Level Cross-Functional Agile Informatica Developer
Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6 months renewable as long as the new hire performs well
Client: Undisclosed Investment Bank
Our client, a leading investment bank, is looking to hire an Informatica Developer. As part of a cross-functional agile team, this role plays an integral part of the innovation at the firm.
The successful candidate will use a variety of technologies and frameworks assist in the development of ETL code to build out the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
She/He should be innovative and passionate about leveraging the systems put in place. As a member of the team, there will be an expectation of discovering and implementing the latest technologies, best practices and standards.
- Develop Informatica ETL Code consistent with departmental standards and practices.
- Analyze and validate data load using SQL.
- Develop SQL scripts to load and transform data as necessary.
- Develop Linux shell scripts as necessary.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Extensive experience with Informatica PowerCenter 9.x development including Mapping, Session and Workflow development.
- Strong Data Integration skills and experiences.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing concepts.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to write SQL queries for efficiency, performance and maintainability.
- Strong Linux/Unix scripting skills.
- Strong Data Analytics skills and experiences.
- Experience with Informatica Data Quality data consumption a plus.
- Knowledge of other Business Intelligence tools desired.
- Experience working in for a Financial Institution a plus.
- ACBS knowledge
- Some global finance business knowledge a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and understanding of what it takes to develop ETL solutions.
- Self-starter with the ability to analyze tasks and work independently.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills a must, particularly with clients, team leads, & managers.
- Expected to interface with Business Users for requirements analysis, training support, etc.
- Must be a team player who is willing to teach, learn and share.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies.
- The willingness to take on tasks both big and small.