Title: Loan IQ Business Analyst
Department: Financing Tech
Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6 months renewable as long as the new hire performs well
Client: Undisclosed Investment Bank
Our client, a leading investment bank, is looking to hire a Loan IQ Business Analyst to join their Financing Technology Department. The position will be focused on migrating the bank’s lending platform from FIS ACBS (Advanced Commercial Banking System) to Finastra Loan IQ with all the satellite lending platform applications and reports.
- Conduct current data analysis and exercise data mapping between two subledgers.
- Implement Loan IQ and plan/configure/maintain the Loan IQ Batch process.
- As an IT coordinator liaise regularly with the corresponding Head Office departments, as well as the local IT, Middle Office, Loan and LC Operations, and Front-Office teams to ensure local needs are implemented correctly as well as issues solved timely.
The business analyst will take part of a follow the sun worldwide operating model on the bank’s Finance & Regulatory Reporting. You will be the one of the key IT correspondents for Paris teams & New York Finance department and, thus be responsible for
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Loan IQ Business Analyst will act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and possess an excellent functional/operational knowledge of the activities performed by the various teams;
- Work with users to identify requirements and issues and work closely with development teams to define optimal solutions.
- Manage deliverables of the Banking and Lending program through analysis, design, testing, migration and implementation.
- Loan IQ Business Analyst will lead functional requirements gathering sessions with the business. Document and validate functional requirements with the business. Assist in the review of functional requirements with IT.
- Loan IQ Business Analyst will interact with business users to help define the business processes as well as gather, analyze, and document business requirements (use cases, flow diagrams, etc.)
- Define & manage business specifications end-to-end and act as facilitator between various groups-ITs reporting, finance, Operations & compliance etc.
- Execute Analysis & Design in different stages of the project
- Loan IQ Business Analyst will be involved in thorough test planning and coordination of testing activities front-to-back in cooperation with other involved areas and work with QA and Business Owners to develop QA/UAT test plans/cases
- Manage deliverables and timelines for all initiatives under the responsibility of their team;
- Review deliverables and ensure that change control procedures are properly followed;
- Escalate issues impacting the business in a clear concise and timely manner;
- Coordinate and liaise with local and Head Office IT on behalf of local users, ensuring that subject matter experts and stakeholders are appropriately engaged;
- Make recommendations to improve effectiveness and overall process efficiency;
- Ensure that all issues/alerts are coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked, resolved, and appropriately documented;
- Provide clear and concise project reporting to USIT management;
- Meet regularly with their team to gain feedback, status and insight;
- Organize client touchpoints and meetings as required, provide metrics, and manage client expectations;
- Foster collaboration between your team, the business and local and global colleagues;
- For specific IT or Business project impacting Finance on NY side, you will also be the IT finance representative for NY in the decision making & the follow up of the project delivery for NY IT regarding finance matters
Required education and/or experience:
- BS/MS in Finance, Engineering or Computer Science required;
- Minimum 5 years of work experience with LOAN IQ in Operations, Finance and Regulatory and/or Information Technology is preferred;
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with a financial services organization preferred;
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to operate in, and adapt to, a dynamic environment while learning new processes and tools quickly and efficiently;
- Experience with data manipulation using tools or languages such as Business Object, SQL over huge data sets;
- Strong MS Office skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project etc.;
Would be nice to have:
- Experience with multiple types of analysis: current state operating model, data reconciliation, quality review, workflow analysis, process improvement, strategic vision, and functional requirements
- Experience driving system implementation, developing and executing testing strategies, supporting model validation and remediation;
- Proven success identifying and tracking business issues and risks; support mitigation and resolution as required;
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to understand technology to sufficiently and clearly communicate the complexity in simple terms for key stakeholders;
- Ability to manage multiple technology projects and lead project teams;
- Strong business acumen, leadership skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence all levels within an organization;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and networks across all levels of the organization;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to drive projects forward in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be able to work independently;
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize workload, while maintaining a high attention to detail and meet deadlines;
- Experience on Operational, Finance & Regulatory Reporting related topics
- Good understanding of Commercial and Corporate Lending.
- Good communication skill and at ease with partnership with senior sponsors on risk side
- Experience in IT coordination or project management
- Autonomous, rigorous
- Highly motivated, willingness and ability to learn, self-starter
- Good skills in specifications writing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly demanding and dynamic environment
- Good communication and organization skills and are able to work with different teams located in different countries.