Title: Senior Linux DevOps Automation Engineer
Department: Infrastructure Operations Unix team
Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6 months renewable as long as the new hire performs well
Client: Undisclosed Global Hedge Fund
Our client, a leading global Hedge Fund, is looking to hire a Senior Linux DevOps Automation Engineer.
As part of the Infrastructure Operations Unix team, the Senior Linux DevOps Engineer is an expert on automating infrastructure through code and configuration management and has deep knowledge of Linux.
She/He will have good programming skills and experience.
- Consistently automate, deploy, and support the requirements of the firm’s diverse business teams across a Linux fleet.
- Identify existing and emerging needs. Research and recommend innovative solutions to those needs.
- Mentor junior team members in best-practice Unix/Linux administration techniques
- Own technical projects and drive them to successful completion
- Join the on-call rotation and support the company’s Linux service 7x24x365. Some late night and weekend work will be required.
Required qualifications and experience:
- 7+ years of strong system administrator experience in the Linux space, especially RHEL/CentOS
- Financial services experience is preferred but not required
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science, Math or Engineering or related)
- 3+ years of programming work (Python or bash or similar) and software delivery, including version control with Git.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and API design is highly desirable.
- 3+ years of experience with CI/CD and DevOps principles
- 3+ years of experience with configuration management (Chef, SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, or CFEngine)
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills with a “customer first” service-oriented mindset
- Self-starter with the ability to analyze tasks and work independently.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills a must, particularly with clients, team leads, & managers.
- Expected to interface with Business Users for requirements analysis, training support, etc.
- Must be a team player who is willing to teach, learn and share.
- Able to prioritize in a fast-moving, high pressure, constantly changing the environment and has a high sense of urgency
- Experience with Agile Methodologies.
- The willingness to take on tasks both big and small.