Grimm is looking for mid to senior Graphics Designer/Visualization Specialists to join our team to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers in support of clients’ needs.
Create visual concepts, using computer software or by hand. Develop overall layout and production design for various applications such as advertisements, brochures, fact sheets and corporate reports.
Graphic designers combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of websites and printed pages. They may use a variety of design elements to achieve artistic or decorative effects. Work with both text and images. Select the type, font, size, color, and line length of headlines, headings, and text. Decide how images and text will go together on a print or webpage, including how much space each will have. When using text in layouts, collaborate closely with writers who choose the words and decide whether the words will be put into paragraphs, lists, or tables. Through the use of images, text, and color, transform statistical data into visual graphics and diagrams, which can make complex ideas more accessible.
- Possess a certificate and/or Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field
- Demonstrated experience utilizing web design software (e.g. Adobe Master Collection CS6/Adobe Creative Cloud) and/or applications (e.g. Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Demonstrated experience designing products for printing on digital press and web
- Demonstrated experience creating, editing, organizing, and storing digital file formats (e.g. tiff, gif, png, pdf, jpg, svg, html, css
- Demonstrated experience applying visual media design principles, theory, practices, user-centered web design principles and UX processes
- Demonstrated experience with conceptual design
- Experience designing coordinated marketing campaigns
- Experience in designing mobile media
- Experience with multimedia design
- Experience implementing industry standards for user experience methodologies, Design technical resources, and web best practices.
- Experience researching, and/or implementing best practices for web accessibility, usability, and/or technical implementation
- Experience in designing, developing, and delivering visualization products of large datasets on software such as Tableau
- Experience with a multitude of visualization software packages
Multiple openings with varying years of experience in the Graphics Designer/Visualization Specialist field
Current TS/SCI required
Grimm is an exciting Cyber Research company involved in the latest information security. We are involved in all aspects of Cyber Security including risk management, extreme testing, security evaluation, and custom development.