GRIMM researches and develops the art of the possible in business modernization and
computing technologies through cybersecurity, sensors, tools, analytics, frameworks, modeling
and simulation, automated testing, cyber range Installation, Operations, and Maintenance
(IOM), consulting, and intelligence. Our practices build on extensive experience in cyber mission
support for national defense, and commercial service improvement and consulting. Our
engineers and subject matter experts (SMEs) learned their trade from real-world engagements,
not just textbooks.
Graphic Designer/Visualization Specialists UI
- Applying extensive knowledge of various sciences (e.g., Computer Science, Programming; APIs or web service technologies (e.g., REST APIs, SOAP, and XML); and browser-based technologies and libraries (e.g. AJAX, jQuery, Angular, Handlebars, Bootstrap or similar design and HTML templating frameworks). Requirements are to:
- Create designs for complex client web and mobile applications utilizing current industry programming techniques.
- Partner with internal and external teams and application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
- Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas and to optimize existing products.
- Research and implement modern web technologies to create innovative user interfaces and improve workflow efficiency.
- Develop and share recommendations on industry best practices on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, responsiveness and other web best practices.
- Develop estimates on scope and duration of work required for individuals or team(s) to deliver client requirements.
- Design new user-facing products by transforming an idea from scientific presentations to websites to online productivity tools.
- Utilize the DevOps systems and tools (Git, Jenkins, etc.) to ensure compliant code and ensure best practices.
- Build efficient, reusable libraries of design information for future use.
- Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Identify and troubleshoot customer issues on content management system (permissions, api, web parts)
- Collaborate with UI/UX team members during design and content reviews to refine user experiences.
- Code reviews to ensure best practices.
- XML-parsing, XSLT, CSS, Web Services and REST of multiple systems including Microsoft SharePoint.
- System Administration - Servers, SharePoint, SQL Server, Windows Server, Active Directory control.
- Apply results of web usability testing (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive walkthroughs) to development of applications and web sites.
- Implement front-end, user experience design and development.
- Applying best practices for web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
- Maintain a web and/or CMS applications.
- Implement industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
- Develop in cloud-based DevOps environment.
- Business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. JIRA, etc.).
Requirements / Experience
- Minimum 11 years performing above referenced duties with the following recent hands on expertise;
- MUST Be Available To Work On Site At Springfield Virginia Locations.
- MUST Be US Citizen With an Active Clear TS/SCI Clearance!
- MUST HAVE BS Degree in Related Fields
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace and are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer