GRIMM researches and develops the art of the possible in business modernization and
computing technologies through cybersecurity, sensors, tools, analytics, frameworks, modeling
and simulation, automated testing, cyber range Installation, Operations, and Maintenance
(IOM), consulting, and intelligence. Our practices build on extensive experience in cyber mission
support for national defense, and commercial service improvement and consulting. Our
engineers and subject matter experts (SMEs) learned their trade from real-world engagements,
not just textbooks.
Graphic Designer/Visualization Specialists UI
- Provide services to develop overall layout and production design for various applications by applying extensive knowledge of interactive web design tools and web technologies (e.g. CSS3, HTML5, Adobe Creative products, Bootstrap, or other design frameworks) supporting the technology and capabilities of the internet and intranet systems. The frequency of occurrence of the below-listed requirements are weekly, unless otherwise stated. Specifically, the contractor shall:
- Conduct design evaluations for web enterprises to enable the build out of respective web designs to enhance the user experience.
- Create and deliver design educational and informational briefs.
- Work with team members to evaluate ideas and concepts, assist with making critical decisions affecting the user experience, and incorporate varying stages of the design to the UX process.
- Create and implement Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), HTML5 markup language, and other markup languages as needed to support design implementation.
- Define the design rationale and explain visual choices to cross-functional teams; express concepts verbally and visually.
- Create detailed wireframes for complex web and mobile applications.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams and application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
- Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas and optimize existing products.
- Research and implement modern web technologies to create innovative user interfaces and improve workflow efficiency.
- Share ideas with internal teams on best practices around information architecture, interaction, and visual designs, usability, and supporting technologies.
- Develop thoughtful recommendations on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, responsiveness, and other web best practices.
- Develop estimates on scope and duration of work required for individuals or team(s) to deliver client requirements.
- Design new user-facing products by transforming an idea from scientific presentations to websites to online productivity tools.
- Build efficient, reusable libraries of design information for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Collaborate with team members during design and content reviews to refine user experiences.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure best practices.
- Create internal design products to facilitate digital transformation.
- Create products and services that adhere to design and brand guidelines.
- Translate architecture and other technical solutions into design products.
- Apply results of web usability testing and web user research studies.
- Typography and design principles.
- Visual expertise including gathering raw data from various sources and developing comprehensive and visually engaging designs.
- Thoughtful recommendations on use of graphics, mobile optimization, accessibility compliance, and other web best practices.
- Consult with client to define the strategy needed to expand and enhance the website in both scope of content and technical features.
- Ensure web development follows 508 compliance.
- Implement industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
- Research and Implement 18F US Web Design Standards Framework and best practices for web accessibility, usability, and/or technical implementation.
Requirements / Experience
- Minimum 11 years performing above referenced duties with the following recent hands on expertise;
- Web design software (e.g. Adobe Master Collection CS6/Adobe Creative Cloud) and/or applications (e.g. Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
- Design user-centered web-based products (from concept to execution-including those for desktop, web, and/or mobile devices).
- Apply visual media design principles, theory, practices, user-centered web design principles and UX processes.
- reate, edit, organize, and store digital file formats (e.g. tiff, gif, png, pdf, jpg, svg, html, css).
- MUST Be Available To Work On Site At Saint Louis, Mo Locations.
- MUST Be US Citizen With an Active Clear TS/SCI CI Polygraph Clearance!
- MUST HAVE BS Degree in Related Fields
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace and are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer