GRIMM researches and develops the art of the possible in business modernization and computing technologies through cybersecurity, sensors, tools, analytics, frameworks, modeling and simulation, automated testing, cyber range Installation, Operations, and Maintenance (IOM), consulting, and intelligence. Our practices build on extensive experience in cyber mission support for national defense, and commercial service improvement and consulting. Our engineers and subject matter experts (SMEs) learned their trade from real-world engagements, not just textbooks.
Graphic Designer/Visualization Specialist
Provide support by applying extensive knowledge of various sciences (e.g., Computer Science, Programming); web development technologies (ColdFusion, C#, Java, and PHP); APIs or web service technologies (e.g., REST APIs, SOAP, and XML); and browser-based technologies and libraries (e.g. AJAX, jQuery, Angular, Handlebars, Bootstrap or similar design and HTML templating frameworks). Requirements are to:
- Maintain legacy ColdFusion and C# applications and work within the office and across the agency to migrate existing code to more modern, sustainable solutions.
- Maintain legacy Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server databases.
- Regularly update legacy applications with current content, based on guidance and input from division (OCCV) and office (OCC) leadership.
- Institute regular backup routines for legacy content and data until applications migrate to a more institutional, sustainable solution.
- Document — both inline and external documents — code, database connections, external touchpoints, table structures, etc. for all legacy applications and databases.
- Develop and deploy new, modern front end interfaces to current applications.
- Research and, once accepted by OCCV leadership, implement modern web design technologies to incrementally improve user interfaces and workflow efficiencies.
- Create designs for complex client web and mobile applications utilizing current industry programming techniques.
- Partner with internal and external teams and application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
- Develop and share recommendations on industry best practices on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, responsiveness, and other web best practices.
- Create intuitive user-facing products by transforming an idea from scientific presentations into web applications.
- Utilize the NGA DevOps systems and tools (Git, Jenkins, etc.) to ensure compliant code and ensure best practices.
- Build efficient and reusable resource and guidance libraries for future design use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Identify and troubleshoot customer issues on NGA’s content management system (permissions, api, web parts).
- Utilize XML-parsing, XSLT, CSS, Web Services and REST of multiple systems including Microsoft SharePoint. Possess associated technical knowledge of admin and servers associated with SharePoint such as SQL Server administration, Windows Server Administration, active directory control, etc.
- Develop, deploy and maintain ColdFusion, C#, Java, and PHP applications.
- Develop and maintain Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server databases.
- Implementing front-end, user experience design and development.
- Apply best practices for web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
- Maintain web and/or CMS applications.
- Implementing industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
- Develop in cloud-based DevOps environment.
- Business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. JIRA, etc.).
- Build, secure, deploy, and maintain Linux/CentOS, Apache, NGINX, MySQL.
Requirements / Experience
- Minimum 11 years performing above referenced duties with the following recent hands on expertise;
- Cloud-based or DevOps environment, open source capabilities (e.g. GITLab, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Jenkins, etc.)
- MUST Be Available To Work On Site At Springfield Virginia Locations.
- MUST Be US Citizen With an Active Clear TS/SCI Clearance!
- MUST HAVE BS Degree in Related Fields
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace and are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer