Who we are:
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action. It needs you.
What we need:
The Email Marketing Specialist is essential to the delivery of our vision at Greenpeace. They are responsible for overseeing the mass email programme, ensuring we are able to offer our donors and activists exceptional and personalized experiences. This role manages the email programme for lead generation, donations and supporter engagement, working closely with fundraising and communications managers.
We are seeking someone who is enthusiastic about segmented journeys and complicated data processes. You must be inquisitive and analytical with a proactive approach to problem solving. This role requires someone who is self-motivated for continuous innovation to improve the user experience and conversion outcomes. More than just doing it all yourself, we are looking for someone who can share the technology and learnings with others and contribute positive ideas for our campaigns.
Is this you?
- Relationship-building: able to connect with individuals and build alliances among wide range of personalities
- Ambitious: wants to improve on each send and thinks logically about the path to improvement, without needing to be directed. Has experience in a target-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented: passion for solving data hierarchy issues and considering complicated data relationships. 100% accuracy on all finished work.
- CRM experience: basic knowledge of supporter segmentation and reporting, through managing a CRM, ideally for mass email at a similar size to us
- Fundraising or campaign background: professional experience meeting targets for activism or donors online.
- Basic training in analysis: ability to understand how to run a proper test and interpret results correctly
- High level Excel skills: can train others in spreadsheets
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary for the NGO sector, excellent health and wellbeing benefits, and a flexible, fun workplace
- The opportunity to progress and grow with a diverse team of inspiring individuals
- Great job satisfaction knowing that your day to day efforts are contributing towards an important cause
- Insights into the world's most successful environmental campaigning organisation
If this excites you then go for it! Apply with your CV and Cover Letter explaining why you are the most suitable person for the role. Applications close on 21st March 2019.
Once we have reviewed all applications, we will be in touch via phone or email. Our usual recruitment process consists of a first interview, a consecutive work task, a second interview, reference and police checks.
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognize and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organization and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic and would like to invite you especially to apply!