We have run this selection and importation process 22 times in our eight sites: Atlanta, Boston, San Francisco Bay Area, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Detroit, Charlotte and Kansas City. Collectively, portfolio organizations across our sites are reaching more than 75,000 individuals annually with proven, life-changing programs. This number is growing exponentially as we add new sites and new portfolio organizations across our sites.
To learn more about the GreenLight Fund, please visit www.greenlightfund.org
GreenLight Fund Boston seeks an energetic, organized and talented Program Associate to support strategy and operations. The Program Associate will lead and support a diverse array of activities, ranging from research and diligence on key local issues and prospective portfolio organizations, to strategic communications. The Program Associate will report to the Executive Director of GreenLight’s Boston site, and work collaboratively across the GreenLight Fund national network.Responsibilities:Research and Diligence
• Lead research on current, relevant Boston issues and priorities among low-income communities
• Perform local landscape analysis including meetings with local experts and field analysis in priority issues
• Conduct diligence on prospective portfolio organizations, including financial analysis and evaluation report analysis
• Record diligence in Salesforce database and share across sites
• Conduct broader research on field trends as neededCommunications
• Maintain and contribute regularly to GreenLight Fund Boston’s blog, Twitter account and e-newsletter
• Coordinate multimedia projects with vendors and consultants
• Write grant reports as neededAdministration and Support
• Lead planning and management of GreenLight Boston interns and projects
• Prepare materials for Selection Advisory Council reports and meetings and present research and diligence findings
• Work in partnership with Boston team members to successfully coordinate events featuring recently selected portfolio organizations
• Support scheduling and follow-up of key meetings, in partnership with ED
• Perform data entry, including contact and file management
• Maintain diligence database in Salesforce
• Support national team, as needed
• Support portfolio organizations, as neededLocation:
• Boston, MAQualifications:
• Two years of experience working in Boston’s communities in nonprofits or social justice-focused organizations
• A deep commitment to improving the lives of residents and an understanding of urban issues facing low-income communities
• Outstanding research, writing and communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
• Experience using CRM databases (e.g. Salesforce) and Microsoft Excel
• Willingness to quickly learn and analyze new information
• Ability to take initiative and think creatively
• Flexibility, humor and a passion for GreenLight’s mission and the City of BostonTo Apply:
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, as a single .pdf attachment addressed to Melissa Luna, GreenLight Fund Boston Executive Director.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. GreenLight Fund offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.GreenLight Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion at every level of the organization. GreenLight Fund recognizes and appreciates the value of building a diverse workforce
and creating an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.