Since its founding in 2004, GreenLight has worked at the intersection of social innovation and community need, GreenLight is focused on identifying the most urgent barriers to economic mobility for low-income residents in our sites and addressing them by selecting and bringing in the country’s best social innovations that have proven impact.
We do this by running a process in our communities that bring together key local leaders to:
- Identify critical needs
- Find and bring into the community innovative, entrepreneurial social programs that can have a significant, measurable impact addressing those needs, and
- Galvanize local support to help programs reach and sustain impact in the new city.
We have run this selection and importation process 22 times in our seven sites: Boston, San Francisco Bay Area, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Detroit, Charlotte and Kansas City. Collectively, portfolio organizations across our sites are reaching more than 60,000 individuals annually with proven, life-changing programs. This number is growing exponentially as we add new sites and new portfolio organizations across our sites.
The GreenLight Fund seeks an energetic, organized, and talented associate to support development and investor relations. The associate will report to the Senior Advisor, External Affairs, and provide support to GreenLight Fund’s network of sites across the country. This position is based in Boston with moderate travel required (6-8 trips/year).
- In partnership with external affairs team and sites, increase capacity for effective fundraising and investor relations by providing development administrative support for key development activities including tracking donation and payment activity, grant proposals and reports, and stewardship materials.
- In partnership with national development team, develop outreach materials, acknowledgment and stewardship templates and other documents, tools, or templates as requested.
- Provide general development administrative support to new site executive directors and provide development support during associate vacancies
- Maintain and troubleshoot suite of fundraising reports used to manage network-wide fundraising progress via Salesforce; provide technical support to site as needed
- Support sites in the execution of successful fundraising events through weekly calls and day-to-day support before and after events. This includes providing on-site event support and donation processing across GreenLight Fund’s national network.
- Provide occasional coverage for other development associate, as needed, especially when special projects arrive
- Special projects support related to GreenLight Fund’s support of effective fundraising and investor relations across our sites
- Serve as resource and support to site associates as they support their sites’ fundraising and investor relations activities
- 0-2 years of relevant education and/or experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills. Experience developing written communications including blogs, presentations, business letters, memos, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, meet multiple concurrent deadlines, make decisions on the fly, organize time and priorities, and work well as a member of a team
- Command of all Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Salesforce or related CRM preferred
- Strong orientation towards data and efficient systems, with ability to communicate their value to others
- Ability to take initiative when needed, manage up and sideways effectively, and grow with a growing organization
- An appetite and curiosity to learn development and fundraising skills at a national nonprofit
- Strong commitment to GreenLight’s mission and values
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, as two pdf attachments, addressed to Sarah Beaulieu, Senior Advisor, External Affairs.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. GreenLight Fund offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
GreenLight Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion at every level of the organization. GreenLight Fund recognizes and appreciates the value of building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, region, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.