Since its founding in 2004, GreenLight has worked at the intersection of social innovation and community need. GreenLight is focused on identifying the most urgent barriers to economic mobility for low-income residents in our communities and addressing them by selecting and bringing in the country’s best social innovations that
have proven impact. We do this by running a process in our communities that bring together key local leaders to:
- Identify critical needs
- Find and bring into the community innovative, entrepreneurial social programs that can have a significant, measurable impact addressing those needs, and
- Galvanize local support to help programs reach and sustain impact in the new city.
We have run this selection and importation process in our eight sites: Boston, San Francisco Bay Area, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Detroit, Charlotte and Kansas City. Collectively, portfolio organizations across our sites are reaching more than 75,000 individuals annually with proven, life-changing programs. This number is growing exponentially as we add new sites and new portfolio organizations across our sites.
The Events and Development Operations Manager will, in partnership with GreenLight Fund’s Boston Executive Director and Board chair, oversee and execute Boston’s signature annual events that collectively raise funds to meet our $1.1 million annual budget and engage close to 1,000+ members of Greater Boston community. The Events and Development Operations Manager will also support a major donor fundraising campaign.
This position will report to the Executive Director of GreenLight Fund Boston.
- Work with Executive Director to secure event sponsors and in-kind donations, and manage interactions with sponsors throughout the execution of the events.
- Build stronger donor engagement through signature events, ensuring event attendees and donors are cultivated, asked, and thanked throughout the year.
- Oversee vendors and consultants to ensure high-quality execution of the event, print material production, program/entertainment, including the production of a short video in partnership with portfolio organizations.
- Manage event budgets to meet revenue goals.
- Recruit volunteers to support the day-of-event execution.
- Coordinate other GreenLight donor small convenings as necessary.
- In partnership with ED, engage host committee members and Board chair in event planning.
- Project manage donor cultivation and engagement, including maintaining Salesforce database of donor touchpoints and gifts.
- Conduct prospect research on potential donors, including individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Support ED in writing grant proposals, funding requests, reports, and end of year appeals.
- Work across national sites to identify effective internal practices to implement locally.
- Travel to 2 national meetings per year (hosted by a GreenLight site).
- 3 years of event planning for nonprofit special events (400-500 guests) raising at least $500,000
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong project management experience
- Ability to self-start and thrive in a fast-paced culture
- Demonstrated ability to work with people to lead and manage, including vendors, donors, and volunteers
- High level of creativity and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work in a dynamic, results-oriented, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with tight deadlines
- Communications experience including writing and editing for a variety of audiences and publication production (social media and web editing a plus)
- Experience in writing grant proposals and reports
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite; Salesforce and/or Wordpress experience a plus
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, as two PDF attachments, addressed to Melissa Luna, Boston Executive Director.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. GreenLight Fund offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
GreenLight Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion at every level of the organization. GreenLight Fund recognizes and appreciates the value of building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.