Senior Staff Accountant:
∙ Pay range under $75K if they have a CPA maybe a little more.
∙ Must have a degree in accounting or finance.
∙ 3+ years of experience.
∙ Needs to have a very high level of experience using Excel. They need to be extremely advanced with Excel and reporting.
∙ Great attitude with go getter personality!
SUMMARY: Seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to assists with month-end close, treasury and financial reporting responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience working in a G/L department for a large company working with multiple business units is a requirement
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports in a timely manner
- Prepares financial reports, analyses, budgets and forecasts using various computer applications.
- Researches and reconciles various general ledger accounts (daily and monthly). Processes the required adjustments and correspondence. Maintains documentation of problem resolutions.
- Analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses
- Prepare various reports to be distributed to departmental management
- Assist management and various internal organizations with their understanding of internal financial statements and other general questions
- Additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years experience as an Accountant in a public or private industry
- Demonstrated growth in the field of accounting
- Accounting degree with 3.5+ GPA
- CPA is a plus
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with Microsoft GP is highly preferred
- Must be able to multi-task and adjust to new situations quickly
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and have a positive attitude.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Individual must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Individual must be able to work independently in a fast-paced, team focused environment with tight turnaround deadlines.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
- Excellent communication