Gravie knows that the healthcare system leaves a lot to be desired. We are working earnestly to solve some of the problems in healthcare, while also creating delightful experiences for our customers. We are looking for an enthusiastic Jr. Software Engineer to continue to build out our product capabilities as we grow.
Gravie is a growing startup in downtown Minneapolis full of passionate, collaborative people. We offer flexible time off, competitive pay and benefits, and great work-life balance. We work hard, but also like to have fun. Enjoy complimentary beverages and snacks, a boat cruise, and some karaoke (not required).
What you get to do:
● Contribute to the development of our product portfolio built with Clojure/ClojureScript, Groovy, Amazon Web Services, and MySQL
● Grow your skills with us! Our team manages our own internal training, with budgets for classes, conferences, books, and materials
● Work within an agile methodology, where development and testing occur within two week sprints
● Problem solve and co-produce within a small and highly collaborative team
What We Value:
● Enjoying being a generalist, working on the frontend, backend, and everything in between to tackle problems and delight customers
● Taking pride in working on projects to successful completion, involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
● Thinking about tools and services, and writing high quality code
● Putting yourself in the shoes of your users and creating an intuitive, delightful experience
● Holding yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
● Stitching many different services and processes together, even if you have not worked with them before
● Thriving in a collaborative environment, filled with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise and backgrounds
● Enjoying and embracing change, and not being afraid to take initiative
● Contributing to process creation and refinement
● Putting energy and passion into your work every day
What You Bring:
● A passion for writing code. We work in Clojure/ClojureScript and Groovy, however languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework
● Eagerness to learn and enjoy providing and receiving critical feedback
● Experience building Restful API’s and consuming 3rd party API’s
● Strong background developing unit and integration tests
● A work ethic that demonstrates our competencies of Authenticity, Creativity, Curiosity and Outcome Orientation
● Functional programming experience, especially with Clojure/LISP/Scheme
● Automated functional testing using Geb
● Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes, and Docker
● Knowledge of the health care or health insurance industry
● Start-up experience
Please, no firms or third-party recruiters.
At Gravie, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that values and celebrates unique perspectives. We believe the only way to successfully serve our diverse audience is with a diverse team.