Across the globe, contagious diseases run rampant, wars threaten the lives of thousands, and hunger endangers the futures of millions. Right now, there are 65 million displaced people in the world, and more refugees than at any other time since World War II. This situation is untenable.
Doctors Without Borders is committed to saving people threatened by disease, war and hunger by dispatching teams of highly trained doctors and nurses to over 70 countries across the world. Doctors Without Borders staff are part of large team on the front lines of the battle against diseases like malaria, a deadly but treatable disease that had been all but eradicated from the developed world. Malaria has a cure: medication that costs only about 40 cents a day, and all that is lacking are the resources to ensure that everyone under threat from this disease can access those lifesaving drugs.
No doctor or nurse can succeed without a good home team. Grassroots Campaigns is partnering with Doctors Without Borders to run face to face outreach campaigns to raise funds to ensure that the brave individuals risking their lives abroad have the financial resources they need to purchase medication, build field hospitals, and develop sources of clean water in crisis spots worldwide. We need directors who are ready to roll up their sleeves, lead these projects, and ensure that Doctors Without Borders can do what it does best, save lives.
In Africa, a child dies every minute from malaria. Join Grassroots Campaigns and don’t let another minute go to waste.
- Recruitment: Build a team of 15-50 canvassers by recruiting from within the local community. Identify and interview prospective staff and make hiring decisions.
- Staff Management: Teach canvassing skills. Work with your staff in individual and group settings with a particular eye towards developing leaders. Cultivate a welcoming and motivating atmosphere.
- Canvassing: Canvass 3-4 times per week to train new and experienced staff in the field and meet personal fundraising requirements.
- Administration: Carefully track income and expenses. Handle the budget for your office. Process staff payroll. Maintain records for future organizing efforts.
- You're an excellent communicator with motivational skills, work ethic, and dedication to social change
- You make a great teammate who can tackle big goals in high-stakes environments with enthusiasm and a sense of humor
- You're a confident leader with a proven ability to shoulder significant responsibility
- You're self-directed and able to take initiative
A typical work week runs includes frequent work on weekends and a time commitment of around 50-60 hours per week.
Hiring for cities across the US. In some cases, Assistant Directors will train in a current office and then relocate to open a new project.
Grassroots Campaigns provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status in accordance with all applicable laws. We don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above.
We're committed to building a diverse leadership team. Women, minorities, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.