As a crucial election cycle approaches, it's more critical than ever that all Americans have equal access to the ballot box. Tragically, more and more states have made rules making it harder for people—especially in African American and Latino communities—to exercise their right to vote. This spring, Grassroots Campaigns will be launching voter registration campaigns around the country to register 70,000+ voters in underrepresented communities, and to build a healthier democracy.
We're seeking talented, passionate people to join our leadership team to launch and run these projects. You can make a tangible difference this year by helping thousands of people access the fundamental American right to participate in elections.
- Canvassing: Lead by example and get out into the field to register voters with your team. You can expect to spend some of your time canvassing on most of your days.
- Staff Management: Teach canvassing and voter registration skills. Work with your staff in individual and group settings, with a particular eye toward developing leaders. Cultivate a welcoming and motivating atmosphere.
- Recruitment: Build a team of canvassers by recruiting from within the local community. Identify and interview prospective staff and make hiring decisions.
- Administration: Carefully track your progress and ensure compliance with local regulations. Maintain good relations with the local Board of Elections or other relevant authorities. Manage the budget for your office. Process staff payroll. Maintain records for future organizing efforts.
- You're an excellent communicator with motivational skills, work ethic, and dedication to political change
- You have a proven ability work in diverse teams
- You make an excellent teammate who can tackle big goals in high-stakes environments with enthusiasm and a sense of humor
- You're a confident leader who's demonstrated their capacity to shoulder significant responsibility
- You're self-directed and able to take initiative
- Previous field or canvassing experience is a plus, and may qualify you for additional leadership positions
Campaign hours can run 80+ hours per week working 7 days per week.
Timing and Location:
Positions are available in cities nationwide. Currently hiring in NC and CO with the potential to open up offices in additional states. In order to make the largest impact possible, directors should be ready to go wherever the need is greatest and should be geographically flexible.
Grassroots Campaigns provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status in accordance with all applicable laws. We don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above.
We're committed to building a diverse leadership team. Women, minorities, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.