The American people have spoken: in November 2018, record numbers of Americans rushed to the polls to emphatically state their opposition to the divisive and hateful policies of the Trump administration. The results speak for themselves. In Congress, women will hold more seats then ever before, and Democrats have been given a mandate in the House to promote policies that work for the vast majority of Americans rather than just the top one percent.
Despite these gains, the Trump administration won’t miss a beat in pursuing an agenda designed to benefit their wealthy friends, dismantle environmental protections, and destroy women’s rights across the nation. Right-wing politicians are attempting to dismantle Roe v. Wade and gut the healthcare system. Furthermore, Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell continue to ignore the plight of millions of working people in this nation in favor of fattening their own wallets. Our work is not done.
The good news is that these recent midterms have demonstrated unequivocally that when Americans unite around values of equality, openness, and tolerance change is possible. Grassroots Campaigns is partnering with some of the best issue groups and charities in the world like Planned Parenthood, the ACLU, Doctors Without Borders, and the Audubon Society to continue to fight for a better United States. To support these organizations, we're running outreach canvasses to connect with people face-to-face about the challenges we still face today.
We’re hiring directors to join our leadership team in existing offices across the country and to open new offices all over the US. We’re looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and build canvass teams of their own, joining the fight in what’s sure to be a decisive year at a pivotal point in our history.
- Recruitment: Build a team of 15-50 canvassers by recruiting from within the local community. Identify and interview prospective staff and make hiring decisions.
- Staff Management: Teach canvassing and fundraising skills. Work with your staff in individual and group settings with a particular eye towards developing leaders. Cultivate a welcoming and motivating atmosphere.
- Canvassing: Canvass 3-4 times per week to train new and experienced staff in the field and meet personal fundraising requirements.
- Administration: Carefully track income and expenses. Handle the budget for your office. Process staff payroll. Maintain records for future organizing efforts.
- You're an excellent communicator with motivational skills, work ethic, and dedication to political change
- You make a great teammate who can tackle big goals in high-stakes environments with enthusiasm and a sense of humor
- You're a confident leader with a proven ability to shoulder significant responsibility
- You're self-directed and able to take initiative
- Previous field or canvassing experience is a plus, and may qualify you for additional leadership positions
- Two to six weeks of training in an existing canvass office, mastering skills needed to launch your own project.
- Most of the year, a typical work week runs 50-60 hours, including work on weekends.
Relocation may be required for training. Positions are available in existing offices in cities nationwide. Currently hiring in FL, MA, NY, PA, GA, IL, CO, and Washington, D.C.
Grassroots Campaigns provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status in accordance with all applicable laws. We don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above.
We're committed to building a diverse leadership team. Women, minorities, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.