The last ten months have been worse than we imagined coming out of the 2016 elections. President Trump, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, and their right wing allies are dead set on forcing their radical agenda on the country- undoing decades of civil rights and environmental legislation, tearing apart thousands of families with aggressive anti-immigrant policies, and taking away healthcare from millions of Americans who need it the most.
It is essential that we mobilize people to fight back, raise as much money as possible for groups that are standing up to the administration, and do anything and everything we can to stop these people from pursuing this regressive, racist, and damaging agenda.
Grassroots Campaigns is driving the resistance by running campaigns to do just that. We’re partnering with some of the best issue groups and charities in the world, like Planned Parenthood, the ACLU, the Southern Poverty Law Center, Doctors Without Borders, and The Nature Conservancy. To support these organizations, we are running outreach canvasses to talk with people face-to-face about the challenges in front of us.
In advance of the 2018 midterm elections, we will open up offices focusing on voter registration, voter contact, and GOTV.
We’re looking for people who are ready to go beyond just talking, who will do more than going to rallies on weekends, who want to be the ground troops of the resistance and who are doing the day to day work that is required to take our country back.
- Recruitment: Build a team of 15-50 canvassers by recruiting from within the local community. Interview prospective staff and make hiring decisions.
- Staff Management: Teach canvassing/fundraising skills. Work with your staff in individual and group settings, with a particular eye towards developing leaders. Cultivate a welcoming and motivating atmosphere.
- Canvassing: Canvass in the field for 3-4 days per week, to train new and experienced staff in the field and meet personal fundraising requirements.
- Administration: Carefully track income and expenses. Manage the budget for your office. Process staff payroll. Maintain records for future organizing efforts.
- Strong communication, motivational skills, work ethic, and desire for political change
- Candidates must be able to work within a team, have proven leadership ability and experience handling a lot of responsibility.
- Strong self-direction and the ability to take initiative are also necessary qualifications.
- Previous field or canvassing experience is a plus, and may qualify candidates for additional leadership positions.
Campaign hours can run 50 hours per week, including work on weekends.
Timing and Location:
Relocation may be required. Positions are available in cities nationwide. Currently hiring in MA, NY, PA, MO, NC, CO, CA, WA, TX, MI, and Washington, D.C. In order to make the largest impact possible, directors will have a chance to organize in a city, and expand the progressive movement by opening and developing campaigns in politically important swing states.
Grassroots Campaigns provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Grassroots Campaigns complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.