We’re living at the epicenter of some of the defining fights of an era. Roe v Wade is under more threat than ever, every day the Trump administration rips apart families with increasingly heartless immigration policy, and the clock is running out on our chance to avoid catastrophic climate change. The decisions being made today will have cascading effects for generations.
Grassroots Campaigns is partnering with the key organizations most central to these historic battles—Planned Parenthood, ACLU, and the Audubon Society. We know that with enough membership and funding:
- The ACLU can force this administration to end despicable policies like family separations at the border
- Planned Parenthood can protect the right to choose
- The Audubon Society can stand up against the Trump administration’s efforts to dismantle critical environmental regulation
At this exact moment unprecedented numbers of people are seeking ways to make their voices heard. In 2018, newly energized Americans rebuked the hateful, divisive policies of the Trump administration by electing the most diverse Congress in our nation’s history.
This emerging enthusiasm is exactly the fuel progressive and humanitarian groups need for their fights. We’re hiring new leaders to build and run the canvass programs that will grow the grassroots membership bases for these crucial organizations.
- Recruitment: Build a team of 15-50 canvassers by recruiting from within the local community. Identify and interview prospective staff and make hiring decisions.
- Staff Management: Teach canvassing and fundraising skills. Work with your staff in individual and group settings with a particular eye towards developing leaders. Cultivate a welcoming and motivating atmosphere.
- Canvassing: Canvass 3-4 times per week to train new and experienced staff in the field and meet personal fundraising requirements.
- Administration: Carefully track income and expenses. Handle the budget for your office. Process staff payroll. Maintain records for future organizing efforts.
- You're an excellent communicator with motivational skills, work ethic, and dedication to political change
- You make a great teammate who can tackle big goals in high-stakes environments with enthusiasm and a sense of humor
- You're a confident leader with a proven ability to shoulder significant responsibility
- You're self-directed and able to take initiative
- Previous field or canvassing experience is a plus, and may qualify you for additional leadership positions
- If launching an office in a new location, two to six weeks of training in an existing canvass office may be required to master skills needed to launch your own project.
- Most of the year, a typical work week runs 50-60 hours, including frequent work on weekends.
Relocation may be required for training. Positions are available in existing offices in cities nationwide. Currently hiring in MA, NY, PA, CO, CA and Washington, D.C.
Grassroots Campaigns provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status in accordance with all applicable laws. We don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above.
We're committed to building a diverse leadership team. Women, minorities, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.