Designer // Experience Design
At Grand Studio, there is no divide between contractors and full-timers. We’re in this together, so our contractors get all the support, opportunities and team perks that our full-timers do. We are currently searching for a contractor in Experience Design to join our teams to explore digital products and services in a consulting environment.
Is Experience Design your cup of tea?
- You crave all things UX from defining customer value to great usability
- Your brain is wired to investigate how things work, functionality is essential
- Your passions steer toward information and interaction design deliverables
- You are learning about functional specifications and content logic
- You welcome variety as a designer, continuing to improve your strengths while contributing to other disciplines within a design process
Our expectations for an applicant
- Professional design experience in a consulting or in-house environment
- A familiarity with the end-to-end design process and evidence of using appropriate methods to inform a UX design system
- A portfolio of case studies that shows growth in designing for a diverse set of digital products or services grounded in user, business, and technical insights
- Exploration in user requirements, information architecture, user journeys, wireframe concepting, and functional specifications
- Experienced in shared design tools including Sketch, InVision, and Adobe products
- Available to work with us on-site. This is not a remote role.
Designers are driving us forward
Our Designers are passionate about building their craft, contributing to new projects, and learning the design process at a consultancy. They help project teams to design the most compelling digital products and services grounded in user value. Designers continue to build on their design skillsets, seek out guidance from others, and expand their design toolkit — learning how to create a variety of design artifacts and present solid rationale to our clientele.
At our studio, not only will you contribute to the success of client projects, but you will have a ground floor opportunity to help build our culture and design practice with us. We invite you to be a part of the journey of evolving a consultancy fit for designers, built by designers.
Benefits at Grand Studio
- Potential to move to a full-time role within the first three months
- Office events like shuffleboard, boat tours, video arcades and special lunches
- Snacks, fresh fruits and veggies, coffee, tea, beer, and more
- Quick access to the Loop from downtown River North
- Happy hours, birthday celebrations, and team dinners