A leading provider of system-critical engineered solutions serving blue-chip wholesalers, distributors, and original equipment manufacturers is looking for an experienced Applications Sales Engineer who will be responsible for the direct interaction with customers with the purpose of growing business by identifying needs and developing proposals on engineering adaptations of our products for purchase.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Sales & Engineering and others in executing the company’s Engineering and Sales Support strategy.
- Together with inside sales, works to establish new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers, planning and organizing sales calls.
- Manage potential/new/current business opportunities by visiting clients to secure new business or resolve issues.
- Provide technical support solutions to our customers through all deployed channels including Regional Sales and Key Account Managers, Third Party Sales Agents, Distributors, Wholesalers and OEMs.
- Maintain strong engineering policies, procedures and guidelines. Design and deliver projects to budgets and timelines using tools such as success criteria, milestones, Gantt charts, critical paths, etc…
- Manage project/product development from beginning to end.
- Help manage the supplier base. Project manage high priority tasks through the toll gate process.
- Match customer requirements to existing equipment and evaluate the need for capital investment.
- Collaborate with other Application and Manufacturing Engineering Team members.
- 4-year engineering degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Previous technical sales experience with strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills which include: Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SolidWorks.
- ERP experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of standard engineering practices.
- Fluent in English and well-spoken with excellent technical writing skills.
Qualities of a good candidate:
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong organizational and math skills
- High passion, energy, drive, intelligence and collaborative spirit.
- High levels of initiative and curiosity.
- Strong sense of urgency.