SPEARHEAD NEW MARKETING STRATEGIES FOR THE WORLD'S LEADING CONSUMER BRANDS, DRIVE OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE AND MANAGE A RANGE OF CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES AT VIVOOM -- IDEAL ROLE FOR A STRATEGY CONSULTANT AIMING TO ACCELERATE HIS/HER CAREER AT A FAST-GROWING TECHNOLOGY COMPANY.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE WITH VIVOOM
We are looking for an entrepreneurial VP of Strategy & Operations to join our dynamic team.
Key responsibilities include:
Lead high-profile strategic efforts to further Vivoom's competitive advantage, working closely with the company's client-facing, service delivery and product development teams. Key early focus areas will include:
- Developing the company’s approach to data management, e.g., aligning KPIs/metrics to client goals and identifying opportunities to deliver value by utilizing end-consumer data for segmentation, targeting and learning
- Driving operational excellence by designing and implementing scalable and repeatable processes for how the company interacts with clients and delivers services
Manage corporate development and strategic planning initiatives with direct exposure to Vivoom's senior management team, board and investors. Examples will include:
- Developing and tracking strategic and financial plans
- Preparing analyses for board and management team meetings
- Developing relationships with potential investors and partners
Support engagement with high-profile clients, including e.g.:
- Enhancing the company’s offering by developing end-consumer marketing strategies utilizing Vivoom's technology
- Partnering with client-facing teams to develop proposals for high-priority clients
Build your own team over time as Vivoom grows
WHAT EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING TO VIVOOM
- 5+ years work or advanced study post-undergrad, including strategy-focused experience in a fast-paced organization. Suitable backgrounds could a include experience at McKinsey, BCG, Strategy&, Roland Berger, A.T. Kearney, L.E.K, Oliver Wyman, Accenture Strategy, Deloitte S&O, or in an equivalent corporate or start-up role
- Prior exposure to digital media/technology and consumer goods & services industries
- A degree from an analytical field (e.g., engineering, mathematics, economics, finance) and an MBA from a leading program are preferred but not required
The position will report to Vivoom's Chief Client Officer. Location is flexible, but preferably with one of the company's teams in Boston, New York, DC or Chicago.
Vivoom harnesses the power of sharing for brands. The company’s Consumer Activation Platform allows brands to implement marketing strategies based on User Generated Content, which enables highly engaging product experiences, fosters 1:1 relationships and turns consumers into a network of authentic influencers.
As context, we believe the $500 billion advertising industry is in crisis due to three enduring, secular trends:
- Paid interruptive advertising, at scale, is a broken model;
- The “digital brand safety crisis” is reaching alarming levels; and
- Big brands are doubling down on first-party data.
At the same time, products that support and inspire consumer sharing are emerging as market leaders across all product categories. The old model of advertising was to interrupt consumers with a marketer’s message in a brand-safe way. Candidly, legacy interruptive channels – television, radio, print – were quite brand-safe. Using Vivoom, our clients are building a deep advantage over competitors that they can build upon every single day to deliver even more value to consumers. We work with global, blue-chip brands across multiple verticals including CPG, sports and entertainment and major media and publishing companies. Clients include Capital One, Disney, Clorox, Johnson & Johnson, Crayola, Rakuten/Viber, General Mills, Maroon 5, Boston Celtics, AEG, MasterCard, L’Oréal and many more.
A rapidly growing SaaS technology company, Vivoom is led by a team with backgrounds as pioneers in media, advertising and technology in successful entrepreneurial ventures and with experience from major brands such as Disney, Microsoft, Unilever, CBS, Sony and others.