Swiftly is changing transportation, mobility, and cities through better data. We built the industry’s first big-data platform which helps public transit agencies improve operational performance, service reliability, and real-time passenger information. Over 40 transit agencies now use the Swiftly platform, and our work impacts millions of people.
Sales at Swiftly
The Swiftly Marketing and Sales team crafts the Swiftly narrative and share our work with prospective agencies in compelling, human ways. We challenge ourselves and one another to approach old problems in new ways, and we embrace failures as learning opportunities - if you’re not failing occasionally, you’re not putting yourself in a position to succeed! The team cares deeply about the problem we’re solving, so we empathize with and listen to our customers to build partnerships and deepen our value proposition. We thrive with constraints, getting creative to execute on a variety of deliverables in collaboration with other teams. Lastly, while we love to win, we know that the best means to that end on a broad scale is to support our colleagues and win as a team.
About the role
As a Transit Development Manager, you will responsible for starting conversations with agencies in our core markets and understanding what transit projects they are working on. Your role will be to introduce Swiftly to them and see if we can help them accomplish or exceed expectations on their goals with the Swiftly Platform. The role entails:
- Reviewing transit agencies’ websites to understand and document their upcoming transit initiatives.
- Analyzing agencies’ transit networks using tools we have developed to find interesting operational inefficiencies.
- Identifying the right contacts at the agencies we should be speaking to that might be interested in improving their networks.
- Introducing Swiftly to the agencies through a combination of tactful emails and phone calls.
- Traveling to conferences across the Americas , Australia/ New Zealand and Europe to meet with transit agencies and help them find value in Swiftly’s tools.
- Working with the Sales and Marketing team to develop account-based plans to target and nurture accounts strategically.
Our ideal Transit Development Manager hire should have 1 year experience working in the transit space and excel at:
- Understanding the transportation industry and knowing the transit vocabulary.
- Engaging with planners or operations staff at a transit agency.
- Speaking directly with agencies about their upcoming projects.
- Conducting independent research to anticipate agency needs and understand their initiatives before having discussions with agencies.
- Communicating effectively over the phone, in person, and via email.
- Learning from failures - seeing opportunities for learning when agencies do not respond to emails or request no further solicitations.
- Enjoying traveling to conferences and meeting new people.
Beyond the Skills
We are looking for people who care deeply about the work Swiftly is doing. That can include being passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a big real-world impact. We are serious about creating a culture that emcompasses the core values of our company. Do these characterize you?
- Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
- Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
- Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
- Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
- Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
- Impact. You constantly evaluate return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
- Why are you passionate about mobility?
- What interests you about Swiftly?
We are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the community we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech and transit industries to apply.