Swiftly is changing transportation, mobility, and cities through better data. We built the industry’s first big-data platform which helps public transit agencies improve operational performance, service reliability, and real-time passenger information. Over 40 transit agencies now use the Swiftly platform, and our work impacts millions of people.
Sales at Swiftly
The Swiftly Marketing and Sales team crafts the Swiftly narrative and share our work with prospective agencies in compelling, human ways. We challenge ourselves and one another to approach old problems in new ways, and we embrace failures as learning opportunities - if you’re not failing occasionally, you’re not putting yourself in a position to succeed! The team cares deeply about the problem we’re solving, so we empathize with and listen to our customers to build partnerships and deepen our value proposition. We thrive with constraints, getting creative to execute on a variety of deliverables in collaboration with other teams. Lastly, while we love to win, we know that the best means to that end on a broad scale is to support our colleagues and win as a team.
About the Role
Swiftly plans on realizing at least 400% growth in 2018, and we want a transit enthusiast to join our team to help us achieve our goals. Your job will be to work with transit agencies and partners across the globe to help them get insights from their network data. This data will help drive operational efficiencies, which will allow agencies to save money and provide world class public transportation in their communities.
If you care about improving public transportation across the world, then Swiftly is the place to be in 2018!
What you'll do
- Build your own strategy to drive pipeline development in your territory.
- Listen to and empathize with various stakeholders at transit agencies to understand what challenges agencies face when doing their work.
- Convince local governments to approach old problems in new ways, while leading deals from initial engagement to close.
- Build a joint plan with the agency that incorporates their goals and shows how Swiftly can support them in meeting and exceeding their goals.
- Attend conferences and other events to share knowledge and meet transit leaders.
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to deliver an exceptional experience for our customers.
- Achieve and exceed revenue goals.
Our ideal Account Executive hire will have 2-5 years of experience in SaaS sales (B2B/B2G) - bonus if in the public transportation industry! - and will:
- Have knowledge of the public transportation landscape including public transport authorities and operators.
- Have a track record of exceeding quota in your previous positions.
- Understand that a successful onboarding of a customer is imperative - the sale is not over when the customer signs.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to foster internal feedback loops (i.e. between sales, marketing, product, customer success, etc.)
Beyond the Skills
We are looking for people who care deeply about the work Swiftly is doing. That can include being passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a big real-world impact. We are serious about creating a culture that emcompasses the core values of our company. Do these characterize you?
- Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
- Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
- Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
- Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
- Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
- Impact. You constantly evaluate return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
- Why are you passionate about mobility?
- What interests you about Swiftly?
We are an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.