Swiftly is changing transportation, mobility, and cities through better data. We built the public transit industry’s first big data platform which helps transit agencies improve operational performance, service reliability, and real-time passenger information. Over 40 transit agencies now use the Swiftly platform, and our work impacts more than 5 million people per day.
In the government software world, the focus has been pure function, often at the expense of usability. At Swiftly, we believe excellent products are not only powerfully functional but also smartly and beautifully designed. Swiftly lovingly crafts products using consumer software sensibilities to make user experiences that flow and features that are engaging, easy-to-use, and targeted toward solving customer problems. We’re seeking a detail-obsessed, big-picture-enthralled Product Designer to lead the charge in identifying, sketching, prototyping, testing, and shipping elegant solutions for the transit data problems that we aim to solve.
- Partner with the product team to identify problems, define goals, map user flows, scope execution, and test hypotheses.
- Rethink standard data visualizations to communicate complex analyses in easy-to-understand ways.
- Synthesize quantitative data, qualitative feedback, and strategic priorities to generate a unified, coherent design vision.
- Take ideas from drafts to prototypes to pixel-perfect, ready to develop features.
- Generate and own the Swiftly style guide, and engage with the development team to ensure small details don’t slip through the cracks.
We are looking for someone who wants to use their gift for distilling and simplifying complex real-world problems in visual ways to impact the the way people and cities move at scale.
Our ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience designing software products, and will excel at:
- Rapid prototyping
- User testing
- Using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, or other tools to deliver pixel-perfect mockups
- Committing frontend code
- Making complex data approachable
- Balancing a desire for consistency with a love of creative details
- Synthesizing ideas, input, and data from various sources
- Developing personae and user journeys
- Communicating a big vision and working on small steps that add up gracefully to get there
- Asking for and giving feedback
- Articulating and defending the reasoning behind design decisions
To apply, please send your resume (or LinkedIn profile export) and a few words on why you are the right person for this role.
We are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the community we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.