Swiftly is changing transportation, mobility, and cities through better data. We built the industry’s first big-data platform which helps public transit agencies improve operational performance, service reliability, and real-time passenger information. Over 40 transit agencies now use the Swiftly platform, and our work impacts millions of people.
Marketing at Swiftly
The Swiftly Marketing and Sales team crafts the Swiftly narrative and share our work with prospective agencies in compelling, human ways. We challenge ourselves and one another to approach old problems in new ways, and we embrace failures as learning opportunities - if you’re not failing occasionally, you’re not putting yourself in a position to succeed! The team cares deeply about the problem we’re solving, so we empathize with and listen to our customers to build partnerships and deepen our value proposition. We thrive with constraints, getting creative to execute on a variety of deliverables in collaboration with other teams. Lastly, while we love to win, we know that the best means to that end on a broad scale is to support our colleagues and win as a team.
About the role
We are looking for someone to develop and own all of Swiftly’s event marketing and email automation. We have found that events and account-based marketing programs work very well for nurturing our pipeline, and we want to expand our footprint on this front. As our first marketing hire, you will play a pivotal role in shaping how marketing programs at Swiftly evolve by owning these programs end-to-end.
The role requires that you:
- Identify, develop, and manage marketing initiatives to support the Sales team and expand our sales pipeline with qualified marketing leads. This includes building and managing our events presence, creating and measuring targeted email campaigns, and establishing beneficial partnerships.
- Develop and organize regional customer and prospect events within our major target markets that align with account-based marketing strategies.
- Own end-to-end execution of all regional events and manage regional field marketing budget and spend, including event venues, AV, F&B, branding, etc.
- Partner with account teams to support territory planning and sales alignment within each region.
- Collaborate with and guide a broad range of internal domain experts, partners, customers and vendors to inform how you deliver high quality, content-rich experiences.
- Leverage marketing automation tools and CRM systems to track leads on a per-event or per-campaign basis, work with sales to execute event follow-up campaigns, monitor lead conversion activity, and assess ROI of the marketing channels you manage.
- Use a data-driven approach to planning and forecasting, relying on data you track within our CRM.
- Plan both live and on-demand webinars that help drive our customers and prospective customers to find value in the Swiftly platform.
Our ideal Demand Generation Manager will have 3-5 years of experience in the Marketing field and excel at:
- Planning and executing on-premise events at a range of budget levels and venues, with knowledge of the vendor ecosystems to set up booths / exhibitions, meetings, and social events.
- Designing wonderful experiences for our customers and prospects -- this includes signage, catering, collateral, logistics, etc.
- Developing regional marketing plans to support account-based marketing.
- Analyzing CRM data, patterns and trends to make informed decisions about marketing priorities.
- Building highly effective working relationships with sales and marketing to establish a mutually beneficial relationship that drives pipeline growth.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Communicating effectively in verbal and written formats, and demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a can-do attitude.
- Having flexibility and willingness to travel as needed to support field marketing events on site.
Beyond the Skills
We are looking for people who care deeply about the work Swiftly is doing. That can include being passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a big real-world impact. We are serious about creating a culture that emcompasses the core values of our company. Do these characterize you?
- Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
- Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
- Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
- Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
- Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
- Impact. You constantly evaluate return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
- Why are you passionate about mobility?
- What interests you about Swiftly?
We are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the community we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech and transit industries to apply.