Basic Functions & Scope
The primary function of this position is to conceptualize and design art, including but not limited to print ads, direct mail, e-marketing, web banners, and websites for a set group of clients. Graphic Designers will work closely with the Account Coordinator Department and Art Department Manager to complete approaching deadlines.
- Express desired moods and themes through accurate usage of color theory
- Integrate proper typography for smooth and easy-to-understand graphic display
- Develop strategic layouts that incorporate all necessary information
- Perform simplistic to complex photo manipulation using required software platforms
- Create necessary illustrations for advertisements
- Review the copy, correcting any grammatical and/or spelling errors
- Troubleshoot and resolve output errors that occur once a file has been converted, such as faulty layouts, unexpected font alterations, etc.
- Address any mistakes in how the offer is written (ex. Save up to $35,000 off MSRP)
- Ensure that image accurately represents the given text (ex. A Civic Deal displays a Civic car, not a Corolla)
- Follow provided graphic specifications, using an understanding of various advertising mediums to achieve best viewing results
- Export file using proper file type and file size, as well as other project-based parameters
- Develop increasing competency, both in implementation and editing, various software platforms, such as Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS, etc.
- Recognize and request any missing information from jobs provided by Account Coordinators
- Collaborate with other members of the Art Department throughout each step of the creative process
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Willingness to ask for assistance from other team members when needed
Project File Organization
- Develop documents that are free of superfluous items such as unnecessary layers, pasteboard clutter, unused eblast images, etc.
- Review all InDesign files, checking for up-to-date server-based links
- Ensure that all national logos and vehicle images are saved to corresponding server folders
- Maintain organized FTP folders
- Follow file naming conventions
- Create and complete projects within the given deadlines
- Assist other artists with workload to maintain a quick project turnaround
- Effectively prioritize multiple projects on a daily basis
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equal years of experience to demonstrate the necessary competencies required for the position
- Strong competence in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability and willingness to learn new software platforms
- Basic understanding of Dreamweaver a plus, but not required
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills along with excellent time management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and think critically
- Must be able to learn multiple software platforms such as AdWorks, Slack, Kin HR, Google Drive, and others
- Dedicated team player
Graphic Designers are seated for 6-8 hours per day, performing constant motions such as typing and using other computer equipment. Certain situations may require bending, squatting, or lifting objects that do not exceed more that 25lbs.