Shippo is seeking a summer intern to join our Information & Technology team. We’re excited about you gaining real-world experience at our fun tech startup in San Francisco! You’ll be able to start on the path of becoming a champion in helpdesk, provisioning various types of equipment (laptops, tablets, monitors, presentation tools, etc), and setting up office productivity tools.
Day by day, you’ll team up with the Senior Director of DevOps and Security and learn how to administer Google Suite, Office 365, Okta while unboxing new laptops (Yass! You’ll be the first to hear that satisfying startup chime and know that everything is going to be okay). You’ll see how we operate enterprise infrastructure to keep the Shippo running – from setting up wireless networks, printers, firewalls, to security systems, and more!
If you’re someone who is curious about IT operations, don’t mind answering technical questions every day, and can share the memo about the TPS report coversheet (Yeah, that’ll be great…), then we have an exciting opportunity that you’ll enjoy at Shippo!
- Currently enrolled in a degree program or have graduated from a degree program. A plus, if you have studied information systems, IT, networking, and other relevant courses.
- You have built your own desktop and can troubleshoot common operating system errors
- You are friendly towards customer & vendors from working in retail, hospitality, or services industry.
- You are a team player from when you worked with people from all walks of life
- You can follow instructions with minimal directions by staying organized, be attentive to details, and ask questions/help when needed
- Provision and prep laptops to keep up with new hires
- Upgrade existing laptops to newest models; salvage and recover revenue from outdated laptop models
- Streamline asset tracking processes/systems
- Implement SSO using Okta for company-paid software/tools
- Review and refine our office network topology
💎 Here are more features that we can provide!
- Paid internship
- Daily catered lunch
- Take as much as you’d like snacks and drinks policy
- Dog-friendly office
- Spacious open floor concept layout in San Francisco (walking distance to Muni and Bart)