We are looking for a qualified Technical Account Manager (TAM) to manage customer relationships and address customers’ technical needs. As a TAM, you will engage directly with the customers to provide technical guidance and services before and after on-boarding, resolve issues, and if needed, manage the escalation to our Support Engineering Team or Engineering Directly. You will also be an advocate for our customers’ needs and provide feedback internally to inform and help decide the product vision and roadmap.
A successful candidate must be a tech-savvy professional, action oriented, capable of independently solving technical problems and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences. You should also be results-driven and aspire to achieve specific goals. Ultimately, you are the ‘trusted” advisor for our customers.
- Provide technical support for customers before and after onboarding process;
- Act as a single point of contact and own the overall technical relationship with customers and be responsible for total customer experience;
- Provide critical technical support services, monitor complex issues and work closely with the Support Engineering and Product Management to utilize proper resolution processes;
- Document and report each contact with customers where you provide customer support or the customer is having a system issue, and recommend solutions to prevent the issue from recurring in the future;
- Work with internal partners strategically to inform the product direction on behalf of your customers;
- Become a trusted advisor for customers on how to best leverage Shippo’s products and services;
- Collect and maintain useful information regarding customer implementation, technical environment, and business priorities, and share internally as appropriate on behalf of the customer.
- 3+ years proven experience in technical account management in eCommerce spaces with the achievement of goals relating to customer happiness and account development is highly desired. Experience with logistics (shipping) is a plus;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to grasp customers’ needs, prioritize and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment, and collaborate cross-functionally to deliver the maximum value to customers;
- Written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, and also explain the impact in business terms;
- Via email, phone calls, and/or webinars work directly with customers or technology partners (shipping providers, e-commerce store platforms, etc.) to solve technical issues;
- Be the product expert in the company and be ready to assist with product effective, and ensures the best possible experience for our customers;
- Familiar with the concept and use of APIs, modern software development techniques, data analytics language and tools such as SQL, Looker, ModeAnalytics, Pendo, Google Analytics;
- Basic knowledge of programming languages: Json, XML, Python, HTML is preferred. Knowledge of other myriad of technologies used in Shippo including Go, Django, Redis, Postgres, Celery, ElasticSearch, AWS environments, HTML, CSS, JS and React.js is a plus;
- Working knowledge of customer relationship and management tools: JIRA, Zendesk, Salesforce, FullStory, Heap.