Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, ecommerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one web app and API. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns. Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for culture and skills add in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub and others.
We are looking for a Head of Marketing to develop and execute an overarching marketing strategy to achieve immediate and long-term high-growth revenue goals. A proven track record of building and leading high performance teams in a fast-paced start-up environment, preferably within a B2B SaaS company, is highly desirable.
- Oversee and execute strategy on company marketing initiatives that contribute to our high growth goals, including demand generation, customer acquisition, marketing operations, content, events, social media, PR, branding, and more.
- Execute strong growth in B2B user acquisition through various channels - inbound/outbound, website, campaigns, events, to build a continuous pipeline of qualified leads - driven by a keen eye on metrics and ROI.
- Align closely with product and revenue teams to understand our clients' needs, create go-to-market strategies, and create communication and collateral that reflects the company brand and ROI for clients.
- Motivate, mentor, and develop the existing team and develop a long term plan for marketing team structure and growth.
- Lead the team in annual and quarterly planning, keeping track of budget, and reporting on marketing initiatives’ performance, with a focus on ROI & revenue growth.
- Exercise a data-centric approach to gather customer/user insights and use data to improve future marketing campaigns and results.
- 5+ years experience in B2B marketing at well-recognized brands, ideally in B2B SaaS technology, with a widespread knowledge of the full marketing stack, and in-depth knowledge of demand generation for self-served customers and product marketing.
- 5+ years of experience building industry-focused brands.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role, building and managing a marketing organization with superior ability to recruit, retain, and motivate our existing team and future talent.
- Prior experience executing a short and long term go-to-market strategy at a high-growth company, ideally that has scaled to $100M in revenue and beyond.
- Superior communication skills - ability to prioritize and efficiently and transparently communicate marketing goals and results at a team, executive, and company level.
- A demonstrated history of being a team player, and desire to jump in and get your hands dirty as needed.
- Experience partnering closely with sales leadership and an understanding of the connection between demand generation and revenue growth.
- A good understanding of developer marketing.
- Skilled in marketing automation and related software such as Salesforce, Google Analytics and knowledge of market trends in digital marketing technology.
- Medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents).
- Flexible vacation policy + flexible work hours.
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks.
- Fun team events outside of work hours.
- Awesome team that cares about Shippo's mission, product and co-workers!