Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
By lowering the barriers to shipping, businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers, get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
We are looking for a strategic problem-solver to drive high-impact initiatives. In this role, you will report directly to the VP of Product and work closely with analytics, engineering, design, and other key cross-functional teams. This role is highly collaborative in nature. Your analytical skills and user focused approach will make all the difference to elevate and influence Shippo's product and vision.
If you love moving fast, driving impact, and solving tough problems, we’d like to meet you!
- Lead the ideation, research, design, development and launch of user-centric products
- Understand user needs and gather product requirements
- Identify market opportunities and establish a shared product vision and strategy for your product area
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization to drive product execution
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health
- Continuously question the status quo
- Build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners and leadership team
- Drive product development and execution with a world-class team of Engineers, Designers and Data Scientists
- 4+ years experience as a Product Manager
- Great product Intuition
- Communication chops - understand and communicate trade-offs to a diverse group of people
- Execution focus - Do whatever it takes to get the product to launch
- Strong technical understanding and experience working directly with engineers and engineering management
- Hands-on, passionate, and collaborative approach
- Experience with e-commerce, shipping and SMB B2B applications is a plus
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents)
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy + flexible work hours
- Yearly conference, training & education budget to grow your skills and career
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours
- Super awesome team that cares about Shippo's mission, product and their co-workers!