Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for culture and skills add in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves and get important work done everyday! Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, SoftTechVC, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub and others.
We're growing and looking to add Strategic Partner Managers to the Business Development team. You will own and manage partner relationships, including onboarding the partners, optimizing partner execution, achieving shared goals and revenue objectives, and developing new initiatives with partner. Your experience in e-commerce platforms or fulfillment will set you up for success at Shippo and we would love to share the opportunity with you.
- Set and track account activation and revenue targets.
- Identify and drive promotional opportunities.
- Engage with your portfolio to understand opportunities for operational improvement, relaying those opportunities to our product team to build better features and products.
- You will serve as expert consultant to our partners. You will work cross-functionally to drive your partner's businesses and build effective relationships with partner stakeholders to empower partners to thrive and grow.
- You will provide excellent partner service, research, and market analysis. In this role, you will rely on excellent analytical, problem-solving and relationship building skills to resolve technical and financial challenges with partners and better represent our users, products, and programs. You will also develop a comprehensive business strategy, demonstrating excellent business judgment.
- Analyze performance and present findings to clients, highlighting opportunities or introducing incremental programs. Contribute data-driven insights to support recommendations and ensure internal tracking pipelines are current.
- Deliver product execution, monitoring, optimizing, and troubleshooting. Leverage cross-functional support teams to ensure partners have access to the product experts and resources they need.
- Develop renewal and product strategies and negotiate term sheets. Negotiate business terms on renewals and new agreements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of work experience in account management, sales, or business development in e-commerce platforms or fulfillment (strong preference) /software/SaaS industry.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Experience working with partners through account management, product management, program management and business development engagements.
- You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see mutually beneficial opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products, and programs.
- You are technically oriented and understand APIs.
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents)
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy + flexible work hours
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours
- Awesome people that care about Shippo's mission, product and team