What’s going on:
We are in the early days of building a world-class multi-channel sales organization and this is your chance to have a real impact and help build something from the ground up.
This role will lay the foundation for Shippo’s success by engaging with prospects who have signed up, guiding them through the value of our product, and ultimately moving them forward in becoming a lifelong customer. As Shippo’s first point of contact, you play a key role in building the Shippo brand and creating an unparalleled customer experience.
We are looking for a creative and dedicated teammate that has an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to manage a high volume customer funnel, and who possesses a results-driven grit that will take Shippo to the next level. You will guide clients through activation with positivity and focus. This is a hybrid role that combines sales, growth, activation and requires a high degree of customer-focused energy!
DISCLAIMER: We are not looking for someone who enjoys a traditional day-to-day routine, rather, a curious collaborator who wants to solve real business problems and make an uncommon impact!
What you’ll do:
- Manage a full sales-cycle from initial interest through sales activation
- Maintain active engagement with prospects through multi-channels simultaneously [phone, email, chat]
- Become a shippo product expert and build the technical know-how to onboard new customers and resolve onboarding issues
- Explain technical concepts in a way that is comfortable and easily absorbed by non-technical users
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on our product and it’s value to customers
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve both product and process
- Think critically about sales data and recommend new and scalable strategies
- Identify inefficiencies and pain points in existing workflows for prospects/customers and clearly communicate how we can solve these issues
- Meticulously record prospect feedback to improve product and processes
- Build relationships with decision makers at all levels across a diverse industry set
- Use Salesforce and sales tool stack to manage all lead data to uphold the integrity
- Deliver the prospect experience that you would personally want to have
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years of professional experience in sales, support or customer facing role
- Previous experience selling through multiple channels: phone, email, chat
- Love to be in a fast-paced, high-growth, and an always improving environment
- Self-starter and quick thinker who thrives in ambiguous and rapidly changing situations
- Strong storytelling, listening, and customer relationship skills: empathy, communication, integrity, and high-quality question asking
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize between competing priorities
- Exceptional writing skills with attention to grammar and tone
- Passion for learning and eagerness to dive into the complex world of shipping/logistics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience