Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for culture and skills add in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub and others.
We are looking for a Director of Business Development to join the Shippo team to build and grow commerce platform partnerships. You will be responsible for all aspects of the business development cycle: leading strategic initiatives, forming partner relationships, and negotiating deals.
- Lead the partnership and deal process, managing each step from strategy/planning, pipeline development, prospecting, outreach, terms negotiation, contract drafting, and implementation.
- Build relationships with executives at key partnership companies, and leverage relationships to uncover and pursue growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with partners and the marketing team to execute high impact partner marketing campaigns and develop collateral.
- Create internal and external reports on partner and channel performance. Contribute insightful analysis to improve profitability for partners and Shippo.
- Work with product management and engineering to define partner driven product initiatives that will help expand volume and growth.
- 5+ years of business development experience in a technology company with a strong preference towards someone with experience in e-commerce platforms or fulfillment.
- A strong problem solver with outstanding relationship management skills.
- Excellent communicator via phone, email, and presentation to articulate value proposition, technical value, and financial impact.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills in deals involving multiple stakeholders, with the ability to persevere through long and complex deal processes.
- Experience researching and analyzing new markets and verticals.
- Technically savvy including experience in working with analytics, tracking/attribution, and API integrations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint, Salesforce, and Hubspot. Experience with SQL, BI tools, and advanced financial modeling a plus.
- Must be assertive, able to work independently and in a cross-functional team, and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- MBA (preferred), Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents)
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy + flexible work hours
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours
- Awesome team that cares about Shippo's mission, product, and their co-workers!