Join Shippo’s Growth team! The team’s mission is to help merchants succeed by making their Shippo experience both intuitive and delightful. The team collaborates with product, sales, marketing and support to run rapid development cycles in driving customer growth.
Your role will give you end-to-end ownership over design and implementation of the features and products that will help drive Shippo’s customer acquisition and activation. This will span our frontend, API and backend processing stacks.
We really care about making Shippo a great place to work so you can read more about what that means and how that impacts our day to day on our about us
page. Also, here’s some insider info
on the hiring manager.
- Collaborate with business teams and provide early input to new product ideas and functionality
- Run rapid iteration (design, implement, test, and deploy) cycles to validate or invalidate usage hypotheses while still maintaining code integrity and quality
- Design and implement products and features to improve our front-end interface and help contribute to backend services or provide feedback on changes required.
- Expand and enhance our CI/CD pipeline for smooth and safe production releases via automated testing and verification.
- Help maintain and expand our React component libraries
- Participate in tech design reviews, peer reviews for new products, features and systems beyond just the growth team and on-call (don’t worry, ours is sane and orderly).
Starting out you should have
- Coding experience in server-side programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java, Ruby) as well as database languages (SQL)
- Solid understanding of extensible components and modules for JS, HTML and CSS
- Experience and success building customer-focused interfaces connected via a backend API (e.g. REST, gRPC, GraphQL)
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in software development
Be Awesome if you have
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience leading technical teams and projects
- Experience with automated UI and cross browser testing frameworks and tools such as Selenium, Ghost Inspector, Testim, Browserstack etc
- Experience with Fraud detection services (Sift Science, Stripe Radar)
After being here for a few months, you should have
- Understanding and empathy for our customers’ needs and passion for customer success
- Understanding of how our various systems connect to each other (Ember / React Frontends with our Django and Go backends) and overall systems architecture.
- Delivering meaningful functionality that customers are actively using
- Proposed at least one technical design and/or database model change.
- Been in on-call rotation (and hopefully not be called)
- Deployed and managed several production releases
- Internalize our core values and behaviors and use that as a guiding principle on how you work
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents)
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape the room” adventures, hikes, and more!
Shippo bridges the distance between businesses and their customers. As free and fast shipping become the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one web app or API. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Our team hails from all over the world. We bring our different backgrounds and perspectives together to solve unique shipping problems and help bring businesses and their customers closer.
Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo is backed by top tier VCs including Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub and others.