Salesforce Marketing Cloud Strategist at Gorilla partner closely with clients to define, create, and implement their digital marketing strategies on the Salesforce platforms. Your expertise will help answer key questions such as how brands and businesses are communicated and experienced through digital marketing campaigns, and how those campaigns fit into broader customer journeys.
This individual combines an in-depth knowledge of client business objectives, online strategies, and the competitive landscape with a rich background in digital marketing to deliver effective recommendations. The role requires an innovator, a trendsetter, and a progressive thinker who can connect digital to all other aspects of a client’s business and drive growth opportunities.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Strategist supports the day-to-day operations of client projects, including research, account planning, scope development, team briefing, and program execution. Projects may include but are not limited to, email campaign management, search engine marketing (SEM), mobile/SMS marketing, social media, online merchandising and promotions, and affiliate marketing. This candidate must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable making decisions.
- Understand client business goals and customers, perform research, analyze trends, identify key strategic challenges and opportunities, define communications and digital needs to be addressed; evaluate the scope and strategic implications
- Lead the ideation and formation of digital marketing strategies – from campaigns and marketing roadmaps to tactics across all aspects of the customer journey
- Engineer the story to be told for both new-to-market and existing client product brands, B2B and B2C
- Partner with project managers on the execution of initiatives such as email campaign management, search engine marketing, SMS/mobile marketing, online media and promotions, and affiliate marketing from conception to execution
- Work with the analytics team to monitor, analyze and report on campaign results and make recommendations on how to adapt strategies and tactics based on data
- Author presentations, client deliverables, strategy documents, tactical roadmaps, content calendars, and present to client teams
- Partner with the Sales/Account Services in prospect presentations to sell Salesforce marketing-related services and the overall Gorilla brand
- Contribute to Gorilla’s growing Customer Experience Management (CXM) products and services, helping define, enable, and expand our offerings
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) on Salesforce Marketing Cloud implementation, best practices, and technologies for internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as a member of the strategy consulting function within Gorilla
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience in Salesforce consulting
- A proven ability to leverage audience insights, digital trends, customer behavior, analytics data, competitive audits, and asset/experience evaluations to inform the marketing approach
- Ability to take the lead in developing insight-driven pitches, POVs, proposals, multichannel campaign strategies and tactical plans that satisfy the business goals of our clients
- Passion for evolving technologies and innovation, and the drive to create strategies and tactics that engage targeted customers in meaningful ways
- Immersion in current best practices across all digital channels and media formats
- Experience telling a compelling story of how users behave and interact with the client's digital initiatives through multiple data sources
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills—the ability to work with others as well as the confidence and skill to communicate ideas independently
- Excellent communication skills among peers and across disciplines.
- A great attitude and a passion for rapidly building expertise in new businesses and industry verticals