We are recruiting new graduates to join our boot-camp hiring program for the graduating class of 2019. If you want to learn more, send your resume right away! This is a unique opportunity to explore the e-commerce world and learn cutting-edge technologies.
For over 20 years, Gorilla has been devising, creating, and implementing end-to-end ecommerce solutions. We’re a client-driven culture, looking for resourceful, motivated, and talented individuals to help us exceed our client’s expectations at every turn. We offer a challenging and rewarding environment where you’ll have the opportunity to work with leading brands, collaborate with some of the brightest people in the industry, and share in our mutual success. This includes profit-sharing and benefits that are so competitive they may challenge you to a race.
Gorilla is looking for a Java Web Developer to join our growing team in Montreal. The ideal candidate should have experience with Spring framework and have familiarity with object-oriented design patterns and MVC architecture.
- Work with the Gorilla team on new projects, from initial business development and discovery phases through implementation and deployment of the completed project.
- Maintain and enhance existing Java websites while adhering to accepted best practices.
- Understand and effectively communicate Java features and limitations with regard to design and development decisions on new projects.
- Help manage the design and development process, drive decisions, and coordinate efforts with fellow Gorillas.
- 0-1 year of experience in developing websites utilizing Java
- Experience with the Spring Framework, particularly Spring MVC
- Experience building n-tier web applications in Java
- Knowledge of object-oriented design patterns
- Experience with MVC architectures
- Experience working with the SVN or Git version control system
- Experience interacting with database systems using both raw SQL queries and ORM's
- A keen interest in emerging technologies and how they might impact future design decisions and strategic directions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field