For over 20 years, Gorilla has been devising, creating, and implementing end-to-end ecommerce solutions. We’re a client-driven culture, looking for resourceful, motivated, and talented individuals to help us exceed our client’s expectations at every turn. We offer a challenging and rewarding environment where you’ll have the opportunity to work with leading brands, collaborate with some of the brightest people in the industry, and share in our mutual success. This includes benefits that are so competitive they may challenge you to a race.
The PHP Developer will be joining our global PHP development team, which works on new website builds and enhancing websites in production. The Developer will be responsible for troubleshooting both front end and back end code and developing feature enhancements. The ideal Developer will have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, be able to work both independently and within a team, demonstrate a willingness to learn, and have the ability to produce high quality code.
- Design and implement high quality solutions using the Magento framework
- Create new client websites or enhance existing websites
- Consult our clients on the best technical solutions that will solve their business problems
- Understand and effectively communicate e-commerce features and limitations with regard to design and development decisions
- Help improve the design and development process, drive decisions, and coordinate efforts with fellow Gorillas
- Prioritize and proactively manage the tickets that are assigned
- Proactively communicate issues or delays to the lead
- Create unit tests
- Write technical specifications
- 2+ years of experience coding and maintaining web applications
- Familiarity in working with a PHP application framework, preferably either Zend or Symfony
- Excellent object-oriented development skills
- Solid experience interacting with MySQL database systems through an abstraction layer in addition to the ability to write raw SQL queries
- Experience in database schema architecture
- Minimum Upper-Intermediate level of spoken English (B2 by CEFR)
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid experience using PHP to create and consume web services (SOAP, XML-RPC)
- Experience using Linux command line (bash, zsh); experience with webserver (nginx, apache) maintenance
- Experience using debugger tools such as xDebug or Zend Debugger
- Experience with PHPUnit or similar framework
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to smoothly transition between different tasks and projects
- Experience working with the GIT version control system
- Strong people and self-management skills. Must be able to work self-directed as well as part of a team
- A keen interest in emerging technologies and how they might impact future design decisions and strategic directions
- Experience working in an agency setting
- Experience working in an international team
- Experience with Magento
- Experience in shell scripting
- Experience with NoSQL data storage (such as Redis, MongoDB)
What we offer
- Private medical care
- Multisport card
- English classes (fully covered by company) led by an American native speaker
- Trainings and possibility of certification
- Being a part of an international team in a non-corporate environment and working closely with North America and Kiev teams
- Working in a modern, industrial/loft style office, with variety of feel-like-home features: shiny coffee machines, daily supply of delicious coffee, tea, juices, sodas, fruits and sweets, foosball table, darts, video games etc.
- Convenient location in a city center, with parking and a nearby cantina (lunches discount)
All applications submitted for consideration should be sent in English.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only those candidates we deem a fit for the role.
By submitting your resume, you hereby consent to the processing by Gorilla Group Sp. z o.o. of your personal data contained in the recruitment documents for the purpose of recruitment in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016.
Please read the following information clause regarding processing of your personal data: GDPR Information Clause.