The Director of Merchandise Financial Planning at goPuff will be critical in ensuring the development of accurate and consistent plans. The Director will guide the planning department in the analysis of sales trends, gross margin, inventory and OTB levels while partnering with Merchandising and Supply Chain to identify all risks and opportunities with regards to revenue and margin. All weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting will be developed, maintained and distributed by the director to senior leadership with the appropriate insight necessary to make crucial business decisions as it pertains to product financials and inventory. This role will be responsible for creating the planning structure at goPuff and integrating the process throughout the organization.
- Develop and maintain OTB reviews summarizing key opportunities and risks
- Create the budget and purchasing strategy consistent with financial and inventory management targets
- Work closely with Merchandising and Supply Chain teams to best accommodate current trends
- Develop and manage team to effectively rollup forecasted trends at all levels of the hierarchy
- Create integrated Ladder Review process that can be managed by the planning team and summarized in relevant meetings
- Establish a historical database to maintain all hindsight documentation necessary to inform and support future promotional and assortment strategies
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and analysis
- Analyze financial and operational performance and effectively communicate findings
- Assist with the development of analytical tools and company reporting
- Partner with various departments to provide recommendations for process improvements and enhance business performance
- Assist in identifying risk/opportunities and disseminate results and accountability across the organization
- 10+ years of merchandise planning experience
- 5+ years of management in a senior position
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Experience in building and optimizing reporting processes
- Experience in impulse and consumable or convenience markets is a plus
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are a must
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams and departments
- Bachelor’s Degree
For the people who have better things to do than go out of their way to stop at the store (again), goPuff is the largest digital convenience retailer delivering thousands of products ranging from snacks, drinks, and ice cream to alcohol, home essentials, and personal care items directly from centrally located warehouses to our customers’ doors.
We’re currently in 90+ markets and growing fast, so we're looking for the most motivated and passionate talent to be a part of our team, grow with us, and join in our mission of delivering the moments that matter most. Note: must love snacks to work at goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.