The Director of Non-Alc Merchandising will be crucial in building goPuff’s brand and customer experience. We are looking for an individual that is an opportunistic and product-focused Merchandise leader capable of partnering with senior leadership, territories and cross-functional partners (ie. Supply Chain, Planning, Business Development and Digital Merchandising) to build strong assortments that surpass financial objectives. It will be imperative that this person demonstrate the problem-solving and analytical skills necessary to thrive in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Establish a deep understanding of goPuff’s business and internal processes
- Manage budgets and establish an open to buy
- Establish competitive pricing strategies that ensure margin targets are met
- Monitor performance across multiple departments and locations and use / analyze data to establish go-forward strategies
- Utilize both internal and external data effectively to make smart and educated decisions to drive incremental sales
- Act as main point of contact for supplier partners and new business prospects
- Build and maintain assortment strategies contingent with unique territory requirements in mind as it pertains to volume, size, distribution, and local trends
- Create market analysis to view competitive landscape and identify alternative business/assortment opportunities
- Coordinate and manage all line reviews and strategy meetings with senior leadership to finalize assortment and brand programs
- Create and share best practices with entire team to drive efficiencies and sales opportunities
- Stay updated on category trends and competitive market
Bachelor’s degree required (Merchandising, Business, or Economics is a plus)
- 10+ Years of experience in Merchandising
- Must have a significant knowledge of Merchandising, Financial Planning and overall Supply Chain
- Capable of taking initiative, ownership and accountability for the business
- Ability to react quickly with a strong sense of urgency
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Management, training and development experience is required
- Affinity for using research, syndicated data, and consumer specific insights to inform creative and productive decision-making as it pertains to assortment and category management
- Must possess a demonstrable ability to navigate a wide spectrum of product lines
- Ability to shift between high-level strategy and hands-on execution
- Must have strong computer skills – proficiency with excel is required
- Experience in convenience or CPG is a plus
- Must be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Must have effective communication skills, both written and verbal
For the people who have better things to do than go out of their way to stop at the store (again), goPuff is the largest digital convenience retailer delivering thousands of products ranging from snacks, drinks, and ice cream to alcohol, home essentials, and personal care items directly from centrally located warehouses to our customers’ doors.
We’re currently in 90+ markets and growing fast, so we're looking for the most motivated and passionate talent to be a part of our team, grow with us, and join in our mission of delivering the moments that matter most. Note: must love snacks to work at goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.