goPuff is expanding rapidly and seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist to join our team and ensure all staff receive on-time paychecks. Our Payroll Specialist will be internal customer-oriented, helping our employees to understand their salaries thoroughly and acting as a source of expertise for payroll questions.
We’ll rely on our Payroll Specialist to audit and verify all time keeping records of employees’ hours worked as well as any deductions or withholdings required to comply with state and federal laws in all of our markets. We also need a professional who is able to work cross-departmentally with accounting to ensure the entire business runs as smoothly as possible.
- Overseeing administration and processing of multi-state payroll on a biweekly/weekly basis
- Record payroll data in our software system and verify all amounts prior to cutting checks
- Alter employee tax status as needed as well as any information about withholding
- Initiate direct deposits
- Change employee banking records when necessary to process payments accurately
- Record employee complaints, questions and concerns about payroll services and communicate those issues to HR manager
- Maintain compliant policies and procedures for processing payroll checks
- Handle incentive compensation and equity-based administration
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field of study
- 5-10 years of multi-state payroll processing experience for 5,000+ employees
- Knowledge of payroll compliance and tax laws across various states
- Experience using UltiPro or other very similar HRIS/Payroll system
- APA certification, highly preferred
- CPP certification, highly preferred
- Microsoft Excel Proficiency
- Strong attention to detail required
For the people who have better things to do than go out of their way to stop at the store (again), goPuff is the largest digital convenience retailer delivering thousands of products ranging from snacks, drinks, and ice cream to alcohol, home essentials, and personal care items directly from centrally located warehouses to our customers’ doors.
We’re currently in 80+ markets and growing fast, so we're looking for the most motivated and passionate talent to be a part of our team, grow with us, and join in our mission of delivering the moments that matter most. Note: must love snacks to work at goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.