goPuff is looking to add a Public Relations Associate to its Communications team. The Public Relations Associate will serve as an integral part of a high energy, highly-productive and organized team responsible for increasing awareness of goPuff, as well as creating cohesive, impactful and fluid communication that enhances goPuff’s brand image. In this newly created position, the Public Relations Associate will support the Director of Communications in a variety of day-to-day public relations and media efforts, with a focus on local media and new market launches.
- Develop, pitch and maintain lines of communication with targeted media contacts and other external audiences.
- Monitor news on a daily basis on national and local levels and proactively develop pitch ideas based on current industry trends and news.
- Contribute to the development of story pitches, key messaging and related activities.
- Drive coverage in target media outlets with a concentration on new market launches through pitching and distribution strategies.
- Write and edit press releases, talking points, collateral, e-mail pitches and presentations.
- Act as liaison between goPuff and our external public relations agency.
- Support an ongoing media relations program – manage incoming media requests, schedule interviews, draft media responses and develop story ideas/opportunities for press engagement.
- Assist Director of Communications in preparing award submissions and thought leadership opportunities.
- Track media coverage and prepare reports/analysis.
- Provide support for PR/communications-related projects on an as needed basis.
- Produce relevant deliverables (e.g. Earned media tracking; Media contacts and outreach efforts).
- Bachelor’s degree required; major in marketing, communications, business, etc. preferred
- 2-3 years of public relations experience in-house or at PR agency in support of consumer-facing clients
- Direct media relations experience including pitching and cultivating relationships with the press
- Demonstrated ability to execute public relations and communications campaigns
- Deep understanding of the media landscape, trending topics and current events.
- Passion for researching markets, outlets and relevant topics
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines
- Exceptional communication and writing skills; Ability to proof-read and edit quickly;
- Understanding of AP Style preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, plus careful attention to detail
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers, fam members and managers
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to Philadelphia
Cover letter is required with submission of resume. Extended work hours, meaning some evening and weekend work, will be required. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated, organized professional to join a rapidly growing company and develop their career in the communications field.
For the people who have better things to do than go out of their way to stop at the store (again), goPuff is the largest digital convenience retailer delivering thousands of products ranging from snacks, drinks, and ice cream to alcohol, home essentials, and personal care items directly from centrally located warehouses to our customers’ doors.
We’re currently in 80+ markets and growing fast, so we're looking for the most motivated and passionate talent to be a part of our team, grow with us, and join in our mission of delivering the moments that matter most. Note: must love snacks to work at goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.