goPuff is seeking a DevOps engineer who will lead our development team in automating everything. This is not a role for someone who just wants to do typical “Development Operations”, this is a unique role to help make DevOps a part of our culture and mature our organization.
Our Development team creates and operates software in order to provide a world class customer experience. Your primary responsibility will be to continually improve the SDLC and help educate full stack developers around best practices and emerging techniques. You will also help collect and analyze metrics to ensure that we understand how our systems performance is impacting our customers and users. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
- Adhere to an Agile methodology
- Implement and improve continuous integration systems
- Implement automated unit and integration tests runner
- Strive towards continuous deployment
- Translate lazy developer behaviors into self driving automations
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Code maintainability and clarity is desired over performance
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Operationally support the system for correctness of the business
- Production experience with Azure DevOps, Codepipeline, Jenkins, or Teamcity
- Production experience with Mocha, JUnit, Tox or similar
- Production experience with either Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience deploying on *nix in a production setting
- Experience building and maintaining meaningful Continuous Integration systems
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, GitLab or GitHub preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres and/or Oracle
- Familiar with functional, and object-oriented programming methods
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- 5 years or greater as a DevOps or System Administrator
- Able to explain what DevOps means in less than 3 minutes
What is goPuff?
For the people who have better things to do than go out of their way to stop at the store (again), goPuff is the largest digital convenience retailer delivering thousands of products ranging from snacks, drinks, and ice cream to alcohol, home essentials, and personal care items directly from centrally located warehouses to our customers’ doors.
We’re currently in 80+ markets and growing fast, so we're looking for the most motivated and passionate talent to be a part of our team, grow with us, and join in our mission of delivering the moments that matter most. Note: must love snacks to work at goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.