The company is at a pivotal point in its development, growing rapidly, and plans to hire a Driver Operations Manager. This role will work cross-functionality within our Operations team guiding the development of every element of the delivery platform including operationalizing forecasting, scheduling, optimization, and routing. Specifically, this person will:
Role & Responsibilities
- Build and manage team focused on the oversight of global community of driver partners
- Implement processes to improve and maintain efficient driver recruiting and onboarding to maintain a healthy and reliable driver supply pool
- Develop and manage driver scheduling tools, processes, and policies to support local Operations on a weekly basis and monitor and report on driver performance and efficiency on a regular basis
- Work directly with Forecasting, Marketing, and Merchandising to determine feasibility of market specific customer promotions based on current staffing levels and order volume trends
- Continuously partner with our Tech and Data & Analytics teams to create a better experience for our community of driver partners
- Introduce and maintain a driver engagement function to provide always on support for our community of driver partners
- Innovate and execute on unique strategies for driver acquisition and retention while considering key variables to drive improvements in goPuff’s cost-per-order and customer experience
- Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from order organization to driver times to support agent efficiency
- Research and analyze financial and operational metrics and drive improvements aligning with the long range financial plan
- 5-7 years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; experience in last mile logistics and/or high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at once and prioritize effectively
- Comfortable building structure and process into unstructured environments
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Strong customer service and vendor relationship building skills
- Ability to shift between high-level strategy and hands-on execution
- Experience managing/collaborating with direct and cross-departmental teams
- Ability to thrive in fast growing, fast paced environment, which requires partnering with the team while completing tasks
- Proficient in Excel; SQL knowledge is a plus
- Must be located in or willing to relocate to Philadelphia, PA
For the people who have better things to do than go out of their way to stop at the store (again), goPuff is the largest digital convenience retailer delivering thousands of products ranging from snacks, drinks, and ice cream to alcohol, home essentials, and personal care items directly from centrally located warehouses to our customers’ doors.
We’re currently in 90+ markets and growing fast, so we're looking for the most motivated and passionate talent to be a part of our team, grow with us, and join in our mission of delivering the moments that matter most. Note: must love snacks to work at goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.